Fitting Asaka Amber fans to Eclipse 62 case

Associate
Hi, I am attempting to do my first self-build and have Akasa ambers ready to go in an Akasa Eclipse 62 case. The fans are only supplied with 4 small screws and the fan surrounds are not threaded. I am loath to force the screws into the surrounds as they look a bit fragile and I am concerned they may vibrate once fitted. Any ideas ?
Cheers, :)

Permabanned
the screws are self tapping i.e they will make the threads when you screw them in, it takes quite a bit of force so be carfull not to snap the fan mount on the fan

Permabanned
an easier way would be to make the threads with the screews first i.e screw the screws in before you attach the fan to the case make it easier second time round as there is already a screw thread

Associate
OP
Yeah thanks just sussed that one after stripping a screw :eek: - much much easier to thread the fan casing and THEN attach to case. Thanks for your help guy's much appreciated :D

Associate
don't mean to hijack you're thread but : i've got the same case and also the optional side with extra fan..... question is what have you guys used as a dust filter on it ?

cheers

Soldato
use patterned tights/stocking for an instant eye candy mod

If they really are a 'old' pair (worn once and laddered) of your partners - you might even get a good memory moment every time you see it :D

Note: wash them first - or partner will not be impressed ;)

Soldato
Nico said:
Hi, I am attempting to do my first self-build and have Akasa ambers ready to go in an Akasa Eclipse 62 case. The fans are only supplied with 4 small screws and the fan surrounds are not threaded. I am loath to force the screws into the surrounds as they look a bit fragile and I am concerned they may vibrate once fitted. Any ideas ?
Cheers, :)

I used a philips screwdriver with a head slightly larger than the hole on the ambers, just gave it some vigorous twisting to whittle out some of the plastic in each hole then used brute force to screw them in.

Associate
I had the same problem putting AMber in Akasa, I was just carefull when I put the screws through, £10 seems a lot for a fan which has a risk of braking on install...

Soldato
meansizzler said:
I had the same problem putting AMber in Akasa, I was just carefull when I put the screws through, £10 seems a lot for a fan which has a risk of braking on install...

All fans have no thread, its how they work. :confused:

You use screws which make the thread, every fan I have used from £2 a fan up to £40 a fan has no thread on.

Soldato
marv_1 said:
I got these to fit my ambers to the eclipse

Acousti Ultra-Soft Arrowhead Fan Mounts - 8 Pack (FG-001-AF)

i got those too, no problem fitting them in the front fan but trying to get them in the rear for me was impossible especially the lower right corner because the case comes in on itself so i could'nt get any access to pull it through, how did you manage it?

Associate
dunker said:
i got those too, no problem fitting them in the front fan but trying to get them in the rear for me was impossible especially the lower right corner because the case comes in on itself so i could'nt get any access to pull it through, how did you manage it?

Did it with mobo tray out, If one of them is a right *** which one was I got some needle nosed pliers and pulled it through. Be careful as too much stretch can break one, did this on one of the fronts.
All of them on though and if I do have to replace fans will just get another pack of them, better than using screws.

Back
Top Bottom