Anyone know of a good contract at around £20-£30/mo? With decent mins & txts

Soldato
I've just about had it with my crap CPW O2 contract, i was paying £25/mo for a measly 100mins and 100txts.

I called CPW up, told them that on the o2 site it says i should be getting 100mins and 500txts for the money. But theycouldnt do anything about it, apparently CPW's o2 contracts are different to o2's standard contracts.

Anyhow, i want out, and i'm trying to find another contract at the same price ~£25 a month that offers 200+ txts and 200+mins a month with a decent phone.

Does anyone know of any deals right now? 12months preferable?

amx

amx

Associate
Vodafone anytime 200 is £25 per month with 200 minutes and 250 texts.
The first 6 months is half price (offer ends today)

Associate
orange online offer what works out to be 650mins 1100 texts for £30 per month. is an 18month contract and you qualify for a magic number (and an additional one every 6months), which means you can ring another orange mobile no. of your choice for up to 59mins 59secs and it only use up 1min :) can be used up to 6hrs per day.

Associate
sticks-stones said:
orange online offer what works out to be 650mins 1100 texts for £30 per month. is an 18month contract and you qualify for a magic number (and an additional one every 6months), which means you can ring another orange mobile no. of your choice for up to 59mins 59secs and it only use up 1min :) can be used up to 6hrs per day.

free broadband aswell and some decent phones are free.

only thing i wish mms messages were like taken out of the text bundle like o2 do and vodafone student do, so that it used like 3/4 text messages

Associate
That Orange online offer ends today. Supposedly in the Orange brochure the good deal starting tomorrow is Dolphin 35 which will have 500 minutes and unlimited texts and that gives you free broadband too.

Soldato
malolo said:
That Orange online offer ends today. Supposedly in the Orange brochure the good deal starting tomorrow is Dolphin 35 which will have 500 minutes and unlimited texts and that gives you free broadband too.
£'s p/w? 12 or 18 month?

Associate
malolo said:
Dolphin 35 is £35 a month and animal contracts are 18 months.

Are you sure of this? This works out as less of a deal than before, for £30.00 you could get 450 mins (with 3g phone) + 200 x-net mins for life and 1100 texts, which is more minutes than the new deal and i'd count 1100 texts p/m as unlimited.

The old deal seems to have gone now from their website, do you think if i phoned they'd let me have it?

Last edited:
Soldato
The o2 plan you saw is an online plan even o2 shops cant sell you those plans

If you like the look of them why not get a o2 online plan surely?

T-Mobile
£30 250 min 600 txt (on line)

o2
£30 200 min 500 txt (online)

orange
£30 200 min 500 txt

Or you could spnd a little more per month but then go for the rebate option so works out cheap.. for these deals depends what phones you like.. have a look at onestopshop and CPW

Last edited:
Associate
mark.souness said:
Are you sure of this? This works out as less of a deal than before, for £30.00 you could get 450 mins (with 3g phone) + 200 x-net mins for life and 1100 texts, which is more minutes than the new deal and i'd count 1100 texts p/m as unlimited.

The old deal seems to have gone now from their website, do you think if i phoned they'd let me have it?

1100 texts might seem like unlimited texts to you but there's a Dolphin tariff which has 3000 texts so I don't think the people on that tariff would agree with you.

Dolphin tariffs are aimed at people who text so it makes sense for them to have better deals on texts than on minutes.

I don't know if they'd let you have it or not, no harm asking.

Associate
malolo said:
1100 texts might seem like unlimited texts to you but there's a Dolphin tariff which has 3000 texts so I don't think the people on that tariff would agree with you.

Dolphin tariffs are aimed at people who text so it makes sense for them to have better deals on texts than on minutes.

I don't know if they'd let you have it or not, no harm asking.

But do you think that tomorrow they will be offering a deal that betters the one they were offering this month?, i.e. the 1000 extra texts, 200 x-net mins?

Associate
dbappa said:
Does Vodafone stop the clock work on all contracts?

Only 18 month contracts as far as I know...

Check out their website, when your on the tariff page, it explains what you get with each contract.

Associate
mark.souness said:
But do you think that tomorrow they will be offering a deal that betters the one they were offering this month?, i.e. the 1000 extra texts, 200 x-net mins?

Tomorrow they start offering the unlimited tariffs like the one I mentioned as far as I know.

Soldato
OP
The idea i'm going with so far is to get a motorola V3im with CPW, its on a 12month contract at £30/mo virgin mobile, BUT, it has £225 cashback over the year, which works out at about £5/mo for the first 9 months. Its 200mins, 300 txts

Anyway, i don't like the V3im, so i'd sell it for £150+, and buy a Samsung X820 (the new slimmest phone).

That works out to a whole year of 200mins, 300txts, and the phone i want for just £135.

The phone alone is £150 on PAYG so that works out great! I'm going to CPW tomorrow to see if its possible to end my current contract right now by paying off the last few months and getting my number ported over.

Back
Top Bottom