stupid DFI board, suggestions!?

Soldato
ok so i just got my dfi sli-d board which i got off the MM and i didnt realise that the heatsink mounting bracket was turned 90degrees compared to the asus one so this leaves me with 2 choices when mounting my freezer 64 pro.

1. i can have it facing up towards the 120mm fan in my enermax which is blowing down.

2. i can have it facing down which will blow the warm air onto the passive 6600 which has cold air being blown on it by a side case fan.

what do you suggest??

Associate
Doesn't it have in the instruction manual how to switch the brackets round 90 degrees?

I had to do this on mine going from a gigabyte pos to my sil-d.

edit: ahh sorry just read what you meant about the resistor positioning..............the only problem I had with mine was the fan housing slightly touching the ram, but at least the fan moves slightly as it 'hangs' on rubber mounts

Last edited:
Associate
Dreadi said:
1. i can have it facing up towards the 120mm fan in my enermax which is blowing down.

:confused:

As in blowing down INTO the case?? If so this is the first time i have heard of a psu doing that, all my psu's suck air from inside the case and exhaust it out the back, i assume the "Enermax" is your psu?

Soldato
had the same issues with my dfi board and artic freezer 64 pro. Also went from an Asus to DFI board

decided that blowing the air up the way was best. couldn't see anyway of changing the bracket 90 degrees

Also had a problem, when i installed the Karajan Audio jack to get the onboard sound, i had to change my 120mm exhuast fan to an 80mm one as the audio jack gets in the way!!! :mad:

Associate
If what you say is correct and the Enermax is blowing in rather than pulling out, just open up the enermax and remove the fan, turn it over, and stick it back in again.

All you have to do flip direction of airflow is flip the fan over... with fans, air always flows from non-label side to label side.

Soldato
booyaka said:
had the same issues with my dfi board and artic freezer 64 pro. Also went from an Asus to DFI board

decided that blowing the air up the way was best. couldn't see anyway of changing the bracket 90 degrees

Also had a problem, when i installed the Karajan Audio jack to get the onboard sound, i had to change my 120mm exhuast fan to an 80mm one as the audio jack gets in the way!!! :mad:

I had that with my centiron 530 i just cut a little bit off the fan

Soldato
sgoaty said:
I had that with my centiron 530 i just cut a little bit off the fan

true!! considered that myself - but when i get time i will cut a hole in the top of my case and get an fan in there for exhuast purposes also!

Back
Top Bottom