Water cooling a 6300

Associate
Just ordered a 6300 / DS4 / HZ PC2-6400 combo, and got to thinking about the build.

I've got a spare Innovatek watercooling kit lying around and was wondering it it was worth hooking this up to the kit or are people finding air cooling to be good enough?

Soldato
Elric said:
Just ordered a 6300 / DS4 / HZ PC2-6400 combo, and got to thinking about the build.

I've got a spare Innovatek watercooling kit lying around and was wondering it it was worth hooking this up to the kit or are people finding air cooling to be good enough?

Air cooling would be fine

Associate
OP
easyrider said:
I would go for the water cooling if you already have a kit.What have you got to lose othere than 20c of your temps :)

I guess so, the only thing for me to get would be a LGA775 mounting kit. :)

Caporegime
The Asgard said:
Well I achieved 3.4 on my 6300 without water cooling. I personally dont think its worth the hassle. I am water cooled BTW.

If you already have a kit though why not.

I went water cooling due to the fact that i was getting temps of arounf 69c on air plus H20 is something I have always wanted to do. :D

The casters rock. :D

Soldato
easyrider said:
If you already have a kit though why not.

I went water cooling due to the fact that i was getting temps of arounf 69c on air plus H20 is something I have always wanted to do. :D

The casters rock. :D

Like I said just the hassle factor. With his setup its not needed. I did 3.4 on a akasa £7 special! NOT

Don't get me wrong I'm not against water cooling m8 like I said I have it. A Marci built rig with V2000+ : PA120.3 : AquaExtreme MP-05 SP LE : Maze 4 GPU , D4 Etc.... Like you its something I fancied doing :)

img

img

Associate
best thing for me with watercooling was my pc not blasting out a load of hot air all the time heasting up my room.

img

img

Associate
well when i had fans blowing on me it was like sitting next to oven. with just watercooling and fan going through rad its nothing like what it was. i know same amount of heat system is producing but thats way it is

Back
Top Bottom