What would you do? (job)

Soldato
I was made redundant on the 21st of july from my junior IT analyst role, i got my months pay last friday so i'm currently sitting on that and i'm spending bugger all cause i don't have to commute to crawley every day.

I started a 4 week contracting role in brighton on monday this week and i absolutely hate it, every minute of it i can feel myself getting more and more depressed but i dont know what to do.

The pay is excellent at £10p/h but i'm not actually set up with an agency/umbrella company so i'm technically working for free at the momement.

What i need some opinions on is what y'all think i should do, i want to quit so badly that i'm quite willing to leave the £200 from the last 3 days.

Would you stick at it, even though you were miserable? Or would you just walk out the door and take the chance of not finding another job for a while.

icon13.gif

Soldato
What's the likelihood of you being out of work for a while? Surely, because you have past experience, you're going to find it fairly easy to get another job?

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. Sick of not getting paid for the work that I'm doing but don't want to leave until I've got another job lined up.

I'd stick at it for now while looking for another job.

daz

daz

Soldato
Don't do something that's going to make you desperately unhappy.

Keep an eye out for jobs, don't rule anything out. You might even fancy looking for a job in the Big Smoke. :)

Associate
did IT for 15 years...........joined the emergency services and never looked back.

I always put my wage before job satisfaction. Now i have a decent wage but the job satisfaction is immense. i actually want to go to work now.

Soldato
OP
I never realised how much i enjoyed my old job until i started this one, the contrast is immense and i think thats getting me down even more, to think i was in the perfect job role for myself but now thats gone :(

I'm seriously considering moving away from I.T all together but i wouldnt even know where to start in terms of looking at other job roles, i've been so I.T orientated for the last 10 years that i just couldn't imagine myself doing anything else.

Soldato
4 weeks is nothing, I'd rather be working a crap job than sitting at home worrying about where my next paycheque was going to come from. Stick it out whilst looking for other work, if you find something during the next few weeks then quit, if you don't find anything you'll be glad of the money you've earned.

Soldato
OP
I'm on a 1st line helpdesk, surrounded by 3 other people who constantly argue about how poor the support system is and i'm stuck in the middle trying to pick up bits of information on how to solve problems.

I feel like i'm in way over my head.

Man of Honour
Sp00n said:
I'm on a 1st line helpdesk, surrounded by 3 other people who constantly argue about how poor the support system is and i'm stuck in the middle trying to pick up bits of information on how to solve problems.

I feel like i'm in way over my head.
Psst, if you see a long haired guy looking confused on pd 28 you're in the same place as me!

Sounds like the same job as me.

Back
Top Bottom