E6300 Overclocking.

Permabanned
Thought I would join up here and share my overclocking success with the OEM E6300 on air.

PLEASE NOTE, CPUZ SEEMS TO SAY THE MULTI WAS X6, WHEN INFACT IT WAS X7.

Its sort of like a Blog I did throught the day.

Been overclocking this chip all day long, its an outstanding performer.

Using the following components -

Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.86GHz (1066FSB) - OEM

Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler (Socket 478, 754, 939, 940, LGA755)

G.Skill 2GB DDR2 LA PC2-5400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit

Despite being held back by my slow RAM, I have so far managed to get the following, with a few voltage adjustments, with better RAM however, I could take it to 3Ghz easy.

First Attempts - @ 2.6Ghz (speedstep is there hence CPU-Z showing 2.2Ghz)

After more tweaking - @ 2.66Ghz

The CPU is cooled by a scythe ninja and at 2.66Ghz doesnt exceed 52c under load. This is with a small voltage increase.

Im looking to break 20s with this RAM, and then Ill get some HZ, and take it nearer 16s.

Permabanned
OP
Getting faster, managed 2.8Ghz now (400x7)
CPU-Z says 2.4Ghz, but thats due to speedstep.

Memory is starting to hit its boundaries I think now, going to try and squeeze the last drop out of it.

Again.... Gotta Love it!

Ive done it, broken 20s on SuperPI, with crap RAM. On air cooling too.

w00t

This E6300 wont stop going -

The best I managed to get out of her was a 17s SuperPI, which I forgot to screeny, but my PI has a record of it so see here -

This was at 3.40Ghz, a very impressive speed for an E6300 on Air, volts were only raised a tiny bit too. Temperatures when at 3.40Ghz were 46c idle, and didnt exceed 52c under load.

I have got it now at stock volts at 3.22Ghz. Im damn impressed, and for some cheap GSkill 5300 LA Ram to be running at 460Mhz, its good too. Temps are 40c idle, 47c under load.

The motherboard is excellent build quality, and has plenty of features.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
------------------FINAL-------------------------

ALL STOCK VOLTS (EXCEPT RAM)

Here we go, final benchmarks of the E6300 until I get better RAM, and the more extensive high score -

that SuperPI was run at 3.4Ghz see the below validation. (shown as less due to speedstepping)

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=108466

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Last edited:
Associate
Is there no way you can whack the ram on a divider and tighten the timings up a little? Maybe drop cas to 4/5 and try to tighten up the others a little?

Associate
The reason CPU-z shows the multiplier as 6 is because thats what speedstep changes it to.

Try turning off the speedstep function in your BIOS and when idle the multiplier stays at 7 instead of droping to 6.

img

img

Associate
these chips are a bargin, really tempted to stick hand in pocket and use holiday money but afriad GF will chop hand off if finds out

Soldato
TaKeN said:
Something to do with this >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17608370

Impressive results though :) , Im very tempted to get one just for the fun of overclocking it, but i know it wont be noticably faster in any games i play :(

Still at a loss.

Amazing processors and in all the years I have been playing with them which is a lot I have never seen one so good for the money. Worth double the money IMO

Back
Top Bottom