Wipe Out

Jay

Jay

Associate
Just been wiped out by a Mitsubisi Shogun. It jumped a red light and hit me at about 30mph, spun my car 200 degree's ish. Drivers rear on my car is quite badly damaged, and as it's only worth about £1k, probably now a write off :(

I got a witness and the woman admitted liability so it's in the hands of the insurers now, so hopefully should be settled pretty soon.

Health wise, well i blacked out for about 5 seconds when it happend as i hit my head on the side window (the side the shogun hit me). Been in the hospital all morning getting checked out.

I'm more upset my car is going to get writen off :(

Soldato
One less 1.9 GTI on the road- always liked these. :(

Hope you're OK dude. In the grand scheme of things it's the most important.

I was almost rear ended last night by some idiot doing around 60mph in a 30. I pulled over and so did he. He went mad at me as apparently is was my fault he locked up nearly rear ending me. He came out with the most stupid arguements. I knew he was wrong so wound him up a bit, he was furious.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Good to hear you're OK.
The worst part is that too many people will probably look at how hurt the dumb bint was in the Shogun, champion the virtues of the safety of SUVs and go buy several more.

Man of Honour
if your going to need the car for work, or are even slightly likely to have to take time off because of it you might be worth getting one of thouse claims handeler companies in to give you a had paying for a hire car, time off etc

Also hope the police are envolved, if she hit you while jumping a red she should get the book thrown at her - silly mare could have killed you, hell if you had been crossing on foot or on a bike she more than likely would have in a shogun :mad:

Soldato
Make sure you report it to the police aswell (or do the insurance companies do this anyway?) so she gets done for the red light jump as well as taking the insurance hit.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Aw mate, that's crap news. Glad you're ok though, the 205 was renowned for not being the strongest of cars. My brother has had two classic Fords written off because of damage like that, 90% of the car ok but low value so they write them off. Buy it back off them if you can, then you can salvage parts and make some money back at least.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Oh well, life goes on. Now you get to go shopping for a new car and that's always fun.
@OP
gutted for the motor, my cousin had one of those, in white, decent motor too. I'd hope you're not relying on the money from the insurance alone to secure yourself a new car. I have been sadly dissapointed in this respect several times in the past due to the 'current market value' taking a sgnificant nose-dive through the floor :(
insurance = legally endorsed theft!

Jay

Jay

Associate
OP
Thanks for replies guys. That is indeed my post on 205gtidrivers. An insurance assessor is comming round my house today to check the damage.

I'm hoping they insurance company will allow me to buy the car back as i've spent thousands on refurbishing thr car in the last two years (engine rebuild, exhaust + manifold, samco hoses, rear beam, suspension, etc etc.)

If i can buy it back i will probably buy another 205 Gti, probably just the shell and transfer all my bits onto it.

In the mean time, the insurance company have given me a BRAND NEW, silver VW Passat Estate 1.9TDI. :D Which i will probably have for about 42 days according to the insurance people. Better than being given a Ford Ka :p

Back
Top Bottom