Saints Row demo is up on marketplace

Associate
another one with fps issues here

easily noticeable and annoying enough to make me think twice about buying it, also thought the cars drove badly

it seemed to me as a okish gta copy, i think id rather wait for the main man to turn up though.

ill have another few pops at it in a less busy moment with decent arcade games etc coming up

and re-assess then maybe but for now its sitting on my hdd.

Permabanned
There were some strange bugs in the demo.

For example if you drive a van with your homie in the front seat and call some hoes over, the hoes will climb into the back seat through a non-existant door!
They just morph through the side of the van!

Another time I was speeding into a wall, the screen went black, the controller started vibrating, and then I appeared on foot and the car had dissapeared.

When I died once the camera just watched me for ages instead of respawning me so I had to restart.

All of this and more happened within 30minutes worth of playing.

If the full game is this buggy it'll be worth a rent and nothing more.

Associate
I had a good 2 hourish run on demo this evening and I quite enjoyed it. A bit of slowdown/tearing when I first started but I didn’t notice it much once I got in to the game. Sure it’s a massive rip off of the GTA games but unlike most of the others I thought this did a really good job by not trying to be too different and just slightly tweaking some of the things that frustrate me about GTA (such as losing your weapons when you die/get arrested, sure its realistic but it’s damn frustrating too).

Not sure I will pick it up at full price unless it gets some glowing reviews, but it’s defiantly something I will look for once it drops a bit or second hand.

Soldato
only pld it for 15mins or so and it seems 'alright' nothing overally special and the tearing can get annoying and driving seems kinda of lagged/delayed at times just doesnt feel right ill try it again 2morrow or something giving it a better go

Associate
replayed this again tonight.. played all the way through this time.. the voice acting is actually pretty good and has a couple of voices I know from the specific actors which is nice. I stocked up on pipe bombs and summoned the police.. that was enjoyable. The explosions are totally awesome.

Soldato
Did they fix the bug where you could get past the demo barrier ?

Tried to get through it the way I seen on youtube but couldnt do it.

Soldato
Chaos said:
Did they fix the bug where you could get past the demo barrier ?

Tried to get through it the way I seen on youtube but couldnt do it.

Nah its easy as.. get in a car, find demo barrier, park car parrallel to the barrier about a metre away, double tap y.. if he gets out the other side your too close otherwise he will step out right through the barrier

Soldato
gord said:
Nah its easy as.. get in a car, find demo barrier, park car parrallel to the barrier about a metre away, double tap y.. if he gets out the other side your too close otherwise he will step out right through the barrier

And what happens after that, is the rest of the map accessible or do you get stuck?

Soldato
Nismo said:
And what happens after that, is the rest of the map accessible or do you get stuck?

You can get the AK. You can take a look at a few other places, but they are all distance textures, theres no proper LOD for the rest of the map. Also, you have to watch out for the road surface etc to change texture detail or where cars just disappeare if you step out there then you either lock up the demo or are teleported back.

Theres a video on Youtube of the way to get the AK.

I am in two minds about this.. i did enjoy the demo.. and i want to customise my cars etc.. but the framerate is borderline distracting.

Soldato
I think im gonna keep it on preorder. The consensus seems to be that its good fun but held back by some technical issues. The SR forum is full of the demo is pre E3 knocked together.. and although i doubt that, there are posts that state the devs have stated the full game will be improved.. plus the devs are looking to add content to it which i think will be good along with the online modes..

Soldato
gord said:

Ah cool I'll give it anothe bash cheers.

Caporegime
Cool game, just played but awful fps...seemed very very jerky especially in the scenes leading up to the actual demo:eek:.

Dunno if its my xbox or others are having the same probs but if the full game is going to be as jerky as that then thanks but no thanks. Even though i enjoyed the demo, was pretty cool if you ask me...only thing is too many bugs for my liking:(.

Back
Top Bottom