Anyone ever done an OcUK census.

Caporegime
Im just curious as everyone seems to be into Areoplanes or at school, but the glourious thing about the internet is that usual stereotypes like age etc dont really matter, HOWEVER..

Has it ever been done before?
Were there any shocks, like over 50% of people where single IT professionals?

yours curiously

Efour2.

rlm

rlm

Associate
Be quite interesting for someone to make a questionnaire and ask as many people as possible to do it, and then post up the results on here.

Soldato
Could be an interesting project to do. I would participate and/or help with the questionaire/census thing.:)

I dont think you would need loads of questions like the National one we did a few years back. Just basic Q`s like age, location, salary, male/female, smoker/non smoker etc

Soldato
droolinggimp said:
Could be an interesting project to do. I would participate and/or help with the questionaire/census thing.:)

I dont think you would need loads of questions like the National one we did a few years back. Just basic Q`s like age, location, salary, male/female, smoker/non smoker etc
tbh most of the "funny" gits on here would lie and say things like "female/poledancer/£80'000+per year" etc

or at the very least "exagerate" their job/wages.

Associate
seek said:
a website would make more sence. it would save having to compile the results manually.

Is that you volunteering to make a website :p
I'm sure a don could make a poll or something to give us a general idea of the age and occupation of the general OCUKer.

Soldato
Is there not a site created for this sort of thing? like there's Beebo and crap for questionaires. It'd just be easy to see it laid out in pie charts or something, rather than looking through a 15 page thread.

Id gladly do it either way though

Soldato
seek said:
a website would make more sense. it would save having to compile the results manually.

Its a good idea, I can provide hosting for it.

Best not to ask to serious things, just Username, age, county, 0.99 = 1, 1 sandwich or 2.....

That type of thing. :)

Lighthearted would be best. :p

Soldato
I used a website as part of data collection for my final year project that counted the number of responces, ensured they were unique (guessing by IP address, primitive, but better than nothing) and produce graphs etc.

The only limitation was that it was time limited to either 7 or 14 days (I think) per survey unless you paid for full access.

I'll have a rummage around and see if I can find the site.

edit: http://www.my3q.com/

Basic Features
No limits for number of questions and responses - You can use my3q to create projects with unlimited number of questions and responses.

Four types of projects: survey, polling, examination and psychology test - We provide templates and wizard to help you create these projects and save your time and effort.

Various answer types to fit any kind of questions - Each type has its own advanced properties and customization. e.g choice type allows only one selection or multiple selection, number is integer or decimal...

Answer validation - You can define rules to validate the answers. e.g. range of the value for number type, date format, number of characters...

Compulsory questions & optional questions - You can specify which questions must be answered and improve the quality of your data.

Images in questionnaire - You can insert images in your questionnaires.

Section break and remark - A questionnaire can be divided into many sections(pages) to make it tidy.Besides, remark can be added to guide respondents.

Question flow - You can set some rules to skip certain non-applicable questions.

Marking scheme - For examination and psychology test, you can set marking scheme to calculate the marks and give comments to respondents automatically .

Question Library - We provide frequently used questions for you. After questionnaires created, all questions would be saved in your personal folder for future use.

Drawing Pad - You can ask respondents to draw pictures as answer.

Date of publication and expiration - You can set the date and time of publication and expiration to restrict respondents when to fill the questionnaire/take the exam.

Response notification - You can send emails to invite your friends to fill your questionnaires easily.

Categories and personal folder - You can place your questionnaire in one of public categories. It helps people to find your questionnaires. Or you can store them in your personal folder.

Live result analysis - We provide live results of responses for all questions. Bar chart or pie chart let you view the statistics of respondents' choices

Download results - All the data can be downloaded to your local computer for further analysis. You can use your spreadsheet application such as Excel to create graphs.

Useful respondent information - For each respondent, we would record the submit time, ip address and host name for your own reference.

Manage responses - You can delete unwanted or duplicated response to improve the quality of data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom