The One, the Only Street Figheter 2 Arcade thread

Soldato
Boy, it's amazingly annoying trying to get in a ranked match without it timing out.

I'm up for some multiplayer, so if anyone want to shoot me an invite, i'm there.

R5Rich, i tried to join your game earlier, but it was unavailable by the time i'd left single player.

Soldato
If your having difficulty in SP you can lower the difficulty in the options menu. Problem is I dunno which im on and I dont wanna quit out of arcade to check because ill lose my progress only Sagat the fagget till M bison :/

Soldato
Can't connect to any online games. Really quite annoyed... and remember folks "No refunds" :mad:

Must be something to do with my router/connection sharing/any thing else :( the only other game I've ever had problems with was PGR3 but even that let me get into a game and only ever gave me random disconnects. This won't work at all :mad:

Soldato
SiD the Turtle said:
Just tried the demo. Wow I don't remember it being this fast.

If the last version you played was on a UK SNES then it wasnt as fast.
Back then the whole 50/60hz difference was a big issue on consoles, SF2 was one of those games which had slower speed in comparison to its NTSC (US/JAP) counterpart.
Personally I imported it from Japan at quite a considerable cost back in the day for just that reasoning.
SF2 Turbo you could adjust the speed on which made it less of an issue.

As a side note, anyone with the DOA4 stick got any feedback on it yet? Seen a quite a few posts saying they are going to use it but nothing on how responsive it is?

Associate
Unconditional said:
I downloaded this and thought it was rubbish.

The graphics looked like they were out of 1991 not 2006.

You do realise what you just posted dont you :rolleyes:

Also am i the only one finding it amusing the hype for this game and then people turning it off after one 5 defeats :D :eek: :o

Associate
I've just "played" four quarter matches and each one has resulted in me getting dropped out after the first match :/

EDIT* Actually I managed to last more than one round in a subsequent match! - then I got disconnected again :)

Last edited:
Associate
Mark JB said:

Also am i the only one finding it amusing the hype for this game and then people turning it off after one 5 defeats :D :eek: :o

Lot of new people to hyper fighting it seems.. it aint no picnic .. glad i played it for years in the arcades ..

Soldato
People are just used to easy games thats why it gets turned off after the first few defeats. Took me 60-65 battles to just do arcade on easy.

Caporegime
Bobbler said:
As a side note, anyone with the DOA4 stick got any feedback on it yet? Seen a quite a few posts saying they are going to use it but nothing on how responsive it is?

Hi I've got the stick, much better than the standard controller.. I think it helps, but its hard to tell as

a) the CPU keeps beating me
b) the timeouts in online is starting to annoy me!!

Either a game from the early 90's has bought this hi tech fangled 360 console to its knees, or we are gonna be seeing some auto update to fix the atrocious connection issues in a few days. Annoys me really, because they said the extra time taken to release this was purely for "tweaking" the online part.

rp2000

p.s. Mr Villain, good games, while they lasted!!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Mark JB said:

Yes?

The graphics were rubbish.

How is the Xbox meant to compete with PS3 if games like this keep on coming out?

Soldato
Dude its a game for the arcade section of the marketplace they are hardly gonna remake it are they? Besides who cares about graphics this game is a classic it doesn't need to be remade.

And why can't the Xbox360 compete with PS3 all because a few classic games were released for it? I can count plenty of great exclusive games coming to 360 where as the PS3 hasn't even launched yet and its launch titles so far don't look promising.

Soldato
I am ashamed to say, I have been beaten repeatedly by my 15 year old brother, who has never played SF2 in his life, and I am finding the AI challenging on 0 stars :o

This hyper business makes it too fast. Before I had time to counter moves, now I can only win by mashing buttons. Any tips on how to actually play and not button mash?

Soldato
its kool ive had some good games thanks pops etc..! i get kained tho lol its very very difficult SP wise i dont stand a chance at the minute :mad:

*edit*

My 360 crashed/froze da_mic/bigpops so i went for a shower

Back
Top Bottom