desktop wallpaper changer

Associate
has anyone came across a program that will change my wallpaper everyday to the next wallpaper in a folder.
thought it might be good to surprise the kids every morning of the looooooong school holidays
dave
:D :D :D :D

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I used to use something called webshots to do what you're describing.

I stopped using it because it used a proprietary compression so couldn't access the images outside of webshots.

Soldato
I have been after a program like this for ages. All the wallpaper changers I have found are either bloaty (20mb ram usage just to change a wallpaper?) or lack any features to make it useable. If anyone else has some "wondertool" I would like to hear about this as well!

Soldato
Thanks for that Mark1. If i recall that was one of the apps that used loads of ram, but it also didnt have some features such as "stretch" and so would obviously not stretch any images to display full screen. Im sure there were some other things but I shall give it a try again! Thanks again :)

Soldato
ubern00b said:
Thanks for that Mark1. If i recall that was one of the apps that used loads of ram, but it also didnt have some features such as "stretch" and so would obviously not stretch any images to display full screen. Im sure there were some other things but I shall give it a try again! Thanks again :)
I've never used it before but remembered it from when i downloaded the TweakUI PowerToy so i have no idea about ram useage :p

Associate
If you fancy trying out mine you can get it HERE.

I built it after the wallpaper programs I tried didnt offer the functionality that I wanted, for example the directory checking to keep the wallpaper list up to date. If you try it out send me an email if you have any suggestions or find any bugs.

Soldato
The Mad One said:

I built it after the wallpaper programs I tried didnt offer the functionality that I wanted, for example the directory checking to keep the wallpaper list up to date. If you try it out send me an email if you have any suggestions or find any bugs.

This looks the business, thanks mate!

Permabanned
The Mad One said:

Hi there,

Sorry to bump the thread so much, but was looking for a program and found this! Really really good. best I've seen.
Very impressive, and must have taken you some time!

I particually like the feature where you click on the icon to change wallpaper, and the flexibility of the whole thing.

Takes up 14Mb of memory, but what's that when we all have 1 or 2 Gigs now! Half that of iTunes anyway, and only slightly more than my wireless keyboard software.

Cheers for sharing it with us!
Again, sorry for the bump, just thought others should see this too!

Permabanned
Came across an odd issue (bug?) just now...

When installing Office 2007, it told me that I had to "Close listed program before continuing", but then had a blank gap in the box where the program should be... So I closed things one by one, trying again each time, and it turned out it was your program stopping the installer from working!

Odd...

Back
Top Bottom