Lian LI - Grubby :(

Associate
I got my Lian Li pc7-plus today and its a great case :D. Thanks for the recommendations.

However while building it I must have put grubby finger marks on the front bezel and I dunno what I should use to clean them off, any ideas?

Thanks

Adam

Soldato
Depending on the severity, a slightly damp cloth then dry well after, just a bit of rubbing with a normal duster may do it aswell.

If its a nasty stuck on stain, try Cillit Bang (Harib0's recommendation and works wonders). Bang, and the prints are gone! :p

Associate
OP
yeah that didnt work, its as if the front bezel has some kinda white powder on it or something and the finger marks are where its been taken off when I wipe it the colour evens out and you cant see them but when it dries its still there. Rather than asking what I CAN use is there anything I CANT use,, as for the cillit bang Idea I dont think we have any.

Soldato
Polish if over used can cause nasty streaks.

Not really much you can't use, just stay away from nasty things you would not like on your hands like bleech. :)

Probably are some things not to use, however none come to mind, limescale remover would be a bad idea though!

Got any pictures of what your having trouble with?

Soldato
Yeh can't really see from that, but it could just be some sweat from your finger that will evap given time.

I would not worry about it, hopefully Harib0 will come along and suggest something to deal with it. :)

Soldato
That is not right!

Looks like it could be some sort of residue left over from manufacture.

First time I have ever seen that on any case. Just dropped Lian Li a email to see what they think.

Caporegime
Try some meguairs(sp?) polis works on my car ;)

Or really any cheap car polish should work, altough try to avoid anything too abrasive as shouldn't need it on a case.

Maybe even some wax as far as i know it isn't abbrasive.

Soldato
On a new case you should not have to do that much, unless you have oil on your hands handling a case should not result in that.

Caporegime
Infact just checked that pic out and that looks really bad. You sure you didn't have oil on your fingers lol ;) . Was it there when you got it out the box?

Associate
OP
I cant imagine I had oil on my hands , unless it came off a fan or something. Also it seems as though the front bezel's metal is made of slightly differnet metal to the rest of the case , comparing it with the drive plate things (dunno technical terms) it seems much more matt.

EDIT: just seen begbo's post. I dunno if it was like that out of the box as I was working in a really shady area and only noticed it when i moved it into the light.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is a different thickness of aluminium, it does look slightly different on most of them, but you have to be looking to notice.

I would get in touch with who you purchased it from, and see what they say. It looks like residue left over fromthe manufacturing process, and if you can only see it in certain light you can see how it got past quality control. :(

Associate
OP
dang, I will get in touch with Lian Li if I cant somehow remove it , I had a look downstairs and I found some "Brass and Metal Polish "gives a l brilliant and lnong lasting shine" and some glass cleaner ,would either of these work you think?

Soldato
As it is not my case I would not like to say for obvious reasons.

The glass one wont work, the other could but use at your own risk. :)

Best to get onto Lian Li I think seeing the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom