Random blueyonder rumour

Associate
I was just on the phone to blueyonder cancellations because I was a bit annoyed about their prices and wanted to see if they could offer me something - which they did.

She has mentioned that they are looking into upgrading the service. I asked her by how much and when. She said she could not quote or give anything offical but the rumours going around their are that it will be happening around the end of this year or early next year. Also, the new minimum package would be 10mb.

If this happened it would be crazy. But as she said it is just rumours. But interesting to oggle over.

Soldato
drivel

Sormicoft<<<<<Ntl-Telewest employee

1 meg on ntl is going up to 2 meg so everything balances up and the top tier 10 meg packages will be getting an upgrade sometime before xmas oh btw lookout for a 4 for £40 offer inc bb tv telephone and mobile now we've bought virgin mobile

Soldato
sormicoft said:
drivel

Sormicoft<<<<<Ntl-Telewest employee

1 meg on ntl is going up to 2 meg so everything balances up and the top tier 10 meg packages will be getting an upgrade sometime before xmas oh btw lookout for a 4 for £40 offer inc bb tv telephone and mobile now we've bought virgin mobile

so 10meg will be 20meg or ......? what about upload speed? :)

Soldato
One of the old (pre-merger) press releases had (could be wrong about the name) Chad Rube Stating 24mbit was possible in the next 12 months, it's going to happen but nothing official has been circulated internally yet. NTL are price/speed matching to TW/Blueyonder following the merger of the two C.Co's this year.

Sormicoft i'm guessing you are formelry NTL from your location, don't know if you saw the virgin 4play spoof that was doing the rounds ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
dangermouse said:
...dangle a carrot from the end of a stick

I never really planned to leave them, just wanted to see if they could do a lower price for a while which they did...

She also mentioned it after I said I was staying as they do usually upgrade every 1-2 years as mentioned. So, no need to talk crap.

Back
Top Bottom