Company of heroes beta may come out today!

Permabanned
Company of heroes beta Discussion!

Hey guys,
Relic has indicated that the open beta of CoH may come out today. I am very excited about this because I've heard a lot about it. Also, Fileplanet subscribers can now get the MP beta.

Link removed due to bad language

Last edited:
Associate
I've been in fileplanet beta for a few weeks, haven't played it much but it does seem quite fun from what i've seen so far.

Soldato
errr, well I just went on fileplanet and got a key & im soon to download the game itself.

Strangly, Im not a subscriber.

EDIT: IT HAS BEGAN! :D (the beta that is)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Waiting in line now for 15 mins :( How fast are the fileplanet servers?

EDIT- Amazing speeds, I'm surprised that I'm getting 250kb/s on a 1mb connection :D

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Excellent heads up, Well done that man and Thanks.
I have been waiting for this for ages as it sounds so good in reviews. deformable structures intelligent Ai Wooohooooo.

Downloading now. :cool:

Permabanned
OP
Well, first impressions are....amazing! I absolutely adore this game. I've only been through a few tutorials, but they have been very,very fun. You can build defensive sandbags and MG house things, set artillery strikes and hide in buildings! The graphics are decent, although there is still some aliasing. Performance is very smooth and all barrel and everything is destructible! I still haven't seen the true power of the AI yet, but they do retreat and duck down for cover. So far, this is an excellent RTS and is very very fun :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Chance a be a fine thing mate i am still downloading. :(
It's been on ages and i still have a way to go. Servers must being getting hammered as i am on 10 meg an all. Just looked and i have 1meg down and .6 to go.
Bumma, poker it is tonight then.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Finally downloaded late last night so have only installed and done training then went online to see if it all worked. All is well, not only well its really slick to be honest. Beta :p i have had released games that have been half this game. Gorgeous game with a very familiar feel to it which is odviously down to DOW series.
In game it's very instinctive and very very smooth and you immedietly connect with your little squads/troopers.
A little claustraphobic (sp?) though i have to say but i am an old American conquest player so thats why i feel a bit close in.
The only reason i didn't play an online game was it was to late. ( This is rubbish i am just noob and was to scared to fight :p )
Anyways hows everyone else doing and have you got any tips and tricks for a noobsta.

Soldato
Single-player tutorials are decent and that's all I played in the earlier beta on FilePlanet as multi-player didn't interest me much.

One good thing about this is the idea of supply lines and that to get resources you need to control the whole territory from your base to that area of the map. Should introduce some nice tactics for each map to annoy resource gathering.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have had my first game. :D
I must resist the urge to smiley i must i must.
Seriously guys this is quite amazing. My head cannot get around what's going on at all it is afraid beyond my tiny brain.
I am noob of noobsville from the planet noobezoid. It's incredible though and i will have to overcome the huge learning curve. My opponent a friendly dude i met in chat was loads better than me and those that have gotten into the DOW series have a huge advantage at this early stage. Saying that i learnt loads in that first game and the dude helped me out plenty. Because of my noobness i had no chance and told the dude to steam in, i sat back and watched my army getting mowed down and offered as much resistance as i could. After he had invaded and tanks had mashed my main buildings he lost connection and i was given the Victory :p
Then the game CTD whcih was a damn shame to be honest but i did my duty and sent of a mail.
This has serious potential i must say as the 3v3 will be superb with 6 cool players.
By the way i went for the terror options in Commander, God knows whether that will prove beneficial.
What's needed is a few blatant noobs playing wars between themselves to build overhall individual tactics and 3 player team tactics for 3v3's.
I can't wait.

Associate
I do hope this is a early beta, again another game has scrubbed out the British army's involvment in WW2. Sorry to seem so bitchy, but it really grinds my gears that it shows a massive historical battle and scrubs out the canadians and british. I do apologise if they have those armies in the game, just couldn't find a search on the forums to check. (the relic forums).

COD...now even that had a fair share of british and russian involvement.

Soldato
this game is amazing ive been playing all day and winning everytime :)

All i done was use some basic army tactics and i wo :)

Anyway im gonna be hosting a 2v2 match at 9:30 tonight if anyones interested let me know before then.

Host game name: ocuk match
password: radeon

Soldato
Im downloading this as its getting a lot of appraise from you chaps.. If anyone is up for a game at the weekend sometime i should be about.. wont be making tonights match i dont think.. goin out for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom