• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cpu Upgrade

Associate
Hi

Looking to upgrade my cpu from a p4 640, was looking at a p4 960 dualcore ?...my board is a Asus p5n32 sli deluxe, will this be compatible ?
Are the prices of them likely to drop anytime soon ?

Cheers

Associate
personally, I'd hold off for a bit, save some more money then buy a new Conroe and Mobo. You already have DDR2 ram. :)

I'd also agree with Justin, that you wont see much of a gain by moving to the Pent D 960. 3.2 -> 3.6Ghz

I've got a Pent D840 and a P4 640, there's NOT a great deal of difference between the Dual core and the HT chip, in fact they both feel pretty similar in performace most of the time, so I'd hate to get a 960 and find that it didn't improve things, especially when it's ...Price: £191.95 (£225.54 Including VAT at 17.5%)

:eek: I'd rather get a e6300 and mobo for slightly more tbh. (in fact, I did. :) )

Back
Top Bottom