• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X800 GTO2

Associate
I have just bought a X800 GTO2 -- is this a good card??

I am also interested in overclocking it....i know this isnt the overclocking thread but.......does anyone know if the change will be noticable or am i better of sticking with it as it is?

MilkyBar

Man of Honour
Yes the X800 GTO2 is still a decent card although it does depend how much you paid for it, it is basically an X850XT in disguise. Check to see if the pipelines are unlocked by default, on standard X800 GTO cards there are 12 but on yours there should be 16 or at least you should be able to open them to make 16. Try it in 3dmark and see what scores you get at stock speeds and then at overclocked speeds and decide for yourself.

You should also edit your signature, you are allowed 4 lines of normal sized text or a picture 400x75 + 1 small line :)

Associate
OP
meggy-vengeance said:
Really make sure you get an older version, the newer GTO2's don't unlock IIRC.

I bought this card in April.......is that an old version or newer version..................... :confused:

it a: Sapphire X800 GTO2 256mb :D

Soldato
Blue pcb or red pcb?

Power connecter or no power connecter?

If its red with a power connecter then its the earlier revision, if its blue with no power connecter then its just a rebadged X800XL.

Associate
OP
meggy-vengeance said:
I can't remember the exact time when they started not being able to unlock (I actually only read it somewhere so I'm not sure if it's totally true) but the best way to find out would be to just try :p

yes but if i try and it doesnt work is there a chance i can screw my card?

i am new to all this so my questions are probably questions with obvious answers or something but, what can i say? im stupid, lol

Permabanned
meggy-vengeance said:
I can't remember the exact time when they started not being able to unlock (I actually only read it somewhere so I'm not sure if it's totally true) but the best way to find out would be to just try :p

All GTO2`s that were not already unlocked have always been able to do so. i have never had anyone unable to unlock a locked gto2 with my bios patch in the last 12 months.

and Milkybar, no, you cant screw your card, not if you follow the instructions for using my bios flash, just make sure you have a PCI graphics card to hand so that you can boot off that and see what you are doing when (should you need to for some reason) you are reflashing your GTO2 .

Last edited:
Associate
OP
locutus12 said:
and Milkybar, no, you cant screw your card, not if you follow the instructions for using my bios flash, just make sure you have a PCI graphics card to hand so that you can boot off that and see what you are doing when (should you need to for some reason) you are reflashing your GTO2 .

your bios flash? is that the one using the DVD/CD and the ISO file??

Back
Top Bottom