Does chip board burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Need to get rid of a load of chipdoard and the best way to do it is to burn it I think but does it actually burn because I know it's not a solid wood it's just made up of little bits, any ideas?

Permabanned
tom26 said:
Need to get rid of a load of chipdoard and the best way to do it is to burn it I think but does it actually burn because I know it's not a solid wood it's just made up of little bits, any ideas?

It does, but i wouldnt recommend it - its basically a mix of woodhips and glue.

Burning glue = bad.

Caporegime
tom26 said:
I would but I have no means of getting it there and I just want rid of it now.
Your local council should be able to remove it for you, and dispose of it with slighly more regard for the environment. Give them a call to find out.

Associate
Leave it outside in your garden for a couple of weeks - until it rains - then, it goes soft and can be easily snapped in to handy pocket size chunks and eventually broken up in to grains.

Make holes in your pockets and everytime you go out fill them and shake the chipboard down the inside of your trousers. This way you can safely AND SECRETLY dispose of the evidence that YOU HAVE HAD CHIP BOARD IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

Tru

Tru

Soldato
tom26 said:

Put it in your front garden with 'For Sale, £5 a sheet' in big letters.

Man of Honour
fanger said:
Make holes in your pockets and everytime you go out fill them and shake the chipboard down the inside of your trousers. This way you can safely AND SECRETLY dispose of the evidence that YOU HAVE HAD CHIP BOARD IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

The Great Escape , love it !

Mark

Soldato
You're going to kill it with fire? :D (Sorry mods ;) )

Nah, for something like chipboard, why not just take it down the skip? That way it will be RECYCLED instead of releasing noxious gas into the atmosphere

Permabanned
mrdbristol said:
If it didn't burn than NASA would have built the Space Shuttle out of it !

They did - it was a one off that didnt quite work out.

(What? You *beleive* all that 'it was insulation falling off' BS?)

/conspiracy theory.

Soldato
badgermonkey said:
Nah, for something like chipboard, why not just take it down the skip? That way it will be RECYCLED instead of releasing noxious gas into the atmosphere

Someone didn't read the thread :rolleyes: ;) :p

Caporegime
Visage said:
It's common knowlege that the support struts were made from balsa.

The structural weakness of airfix glue / balsa combination led to the breaking away of the ply insulation.

Don't you know anything?

Permabanned
Borris said:

The structural weakness of airfix glue / balsa combination led to the breaking away of the ply insulation.

Don't you know anything?

I know for a fact that the control wires are made of uncooked spaghetti, due to its excellent strength/weight ratio.

Associate
Borris said:

Don't you know anything?

Don't you know anything.
That combo was absolutely fine it's just that they forgot to paint it with the Humbrol Enamel model paints that would have afforded it the structual integrity.

Man of Honour
Borris said:

Don't you know anything?

Jesus , you know very little.

I work for NASA and we all know that the insulation tiles fell off due to a grouting error.

Mark

Associate
mrdbristol said:
Jesus , you know very little.

I work for NASA and we all know that the insulation tiles fell off due to a grouting error.

Mark

Wait a minute...I work for Airfix and I can tell you we were not consulted about ANY of our products being used in the NASA Space Shuttle programs.

I'm going to investigate these claims immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom