• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Managing to get a 7300 GT with DDR 3!!!!

Soldato
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
so did your card arrive then?

YEs as a ddr 2 version :( oh well back it goes haha :p

It was labelled on the site as having 2xDVI which I can misinterpret to read 2 DVI connectors ;) on the inno 3D products it only comes with 2xDVI connectors on the DDR3 versions so really beacuse there is only one DVI connecter and a standard VGA one I will send it back with them covering postage :D

Anyways the search continues and I am attempting location number 2! Will hopefulyl here something in the next 24 hours! I do have a guaranteed one for next wednesday however when stock arrives ;)

Associate
LOL i see there out for a while then , good job i got in while i could :p

Still researching this sli connector bridge, anyone else got any ideas on these things?

I also notice there is a 128mb version of this card, two of those would also be pretty good i would have imagined?

Associate
jrodga2k5 said:
Id prefer the 256mb of ram tbh mate!
Better for texture memory etc!
I should ahve one by next week at the latest tho :D :D

Does the extra 128MB of RAM really make a difference in games and what difference?

The reason I ask is that my new 7300GT 256MB DDR2 seems better than my old 6800 128MB DDR. Mind you the system RAM is now 400 as oposed to 266 and a HT 3GHz P4 630 against an AMD 3000+.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Basically its enhanced architecture on the chip too so in essence the newer technology does perform a lot better!

There was interesting analysis on games and graphics card ram posted in here recently and I cant remember where but it showed the ammount of ram textures in games took up! tbh for the latest games 128mb is definately not enough, when you start playign with high resolution textures which take up more memory your performance will be improved!

So yes 256MB is better than 128MB for certain!

Soldato
OP
Update, Apparantly the card I purchased is dispatched every saturday and I should have it on Monday or Tuesday of next week :D
Lets keep the fingers crossed that the title 1 x GF 7300GT 256MB DDR3 (P700136) = £63.77

Turns out to be a DDR3 7300GT :p

IF not roll on wednesday!
So hopefully the saga will end soon!

*EDIT* INTERESTING TO NOTE

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=7222&head=0

check this review from trusted reviews! They managed to SLi a 7300GT and a 7600GT together using Riva Tuner :D tricking the 7300gt into reading as a 7600gt and then clocking it to the same speeds as the 7600gt! Seems pretty good but its just something cool I thought I'd point out!

Last edited:
Associate
This is one of the main reviews i noted before i purchased! Like i said in my first post mine shipped with the black 7600gt pcb and fingers crossed - more potent samsung ddr3 ram. Im in the middle of building my rig now, still need clarity on whether two zalmans will fit and run sli on a dfi expert board though!!??!?!

Anyway fingers crossed, it may whoop the 7600gt's arse proper Bo' style !!!

P.S i am quite old, just thought id add that in LOL :(

Soldato
OP
hotdog said:
This is one of the main reviews i noted before i purchased! Like i said in my first post mine shipped with the black 7600gt pcb and fingers crossed - more potent samsung ddr3 ram. Im in the middle of building my rig now, still need clarity on whether two zalmans will fit and run sli on a dfi expert board though!!??!?!

Anyway fingers crossed, it may whoop the 7600gt's arse proper Bo' style !!!

P.S i am quite old, just thought id add that in LOL :(

It should run in SLi with two Zalman's Im fairly certain of that!

Associate
i hope ocuk have plans to get these in stock.

I did notice a typo on one of the products suggesting it was DDR3 when in the information is stated clearly DDR2

Associate
Anyone know if it's possible to use SLi with these on the ULi chipset boards from ASrock, looks like it could be a cheap way to upgrade my brothers machine.

However ive heard SLi stopped working in later versions of forceware and 7300GT is only supported on 90s up afaik?

Associate
pogo said:
I've had mine for a while now so I thought it might be useful to post my results too (hope you don't mind jrodga2k5 :))

I don't have any gaming benchmarks (other than UT2004 and NFS:MW which I can briefly test if you're desperate) so you'll have to make do with 3d mark;

3d01: 21490
3d03: 11814
3d05: 5361
3d06: 2604

This is with a Sempron 2800 (754) @2.4GHz (for the moment), 1GB of RAM (with sloppy timings), and of course, the 7300GT @600/1600MHz (with VF-900 @5V which, contrary to expectations, is not particularly quiet). Drivers were 84.66 (supposed to be the best for 7300GT, not tried with any others yet).

P.S. jrodga2k5, are you sure the version you bought has 256MB? If you bought it from where I think you bought it, the version for £53 only has 128MB.

P.P.S. I feel I should warn those buying the Inno3D version (that is sold under the value label of the store that stocks them), although reviews, and indeed the store itself show a black PCB, mine has a green PCB, which like, totally ruined my colour scheme :( To be fair though, the stock cooler on mine looks to be better than the one shown on the black PCB version.

Hee hee got mine from the same place then by the sound of it.

Just thought i'd add my benchmarks to the mix, hope thats ok :D This was with the 7300 running at 600/800 core/mem

3d057300gt3800.jpg

3d0638007300.jpg

Mul

Mul

Associate
For a single card that is certainly good. That 05 score is in X800XL territory and beats my overclocked X800 Bravo which costed £145 a year back!

Mul

Soldato
hotdog said:
Umm Is that any good? I thought it would be higher than that - without being rude :confused:

you obviously need two then !

remember a 6800ultra gets around the same score. so its an amazing price/performance card. deffo worth the money for budget gaming.

Soldato
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
remember a 6800ultra gets around the same score. so its an amazing price/performance card. deffo worth the money for budget gaming.

Exactly, without a doubt its great value for money :p
Hmmmmmmmm the place I bought it from is now out of stock! So hopefulyl my dispatch email comes through tomorrow :D
I bet someone decided to try what I just did too! :p

Back
Top Bottom