should WoW be this boring? any helpful tips to newb?

Soldato
ive got the trial account going and im a level 12 now, but im really struggling to get anywhere now as i keep getting bashed and killed very easily. i cant get any better weapons and i just seem to be stuck in a rut, i cant move town as the enemies/quests get harder.
what am i missing?

Soldato
it is boring, the only real reason to play is to get your char to a high level to pose off to your Internet mates, which is what im doing ;)

Soldato
This is the reason i stopped playing WoW. Was boring, no story line, just get to 60 and get Uber gear to show off basically.

As for getting to other towns you could take the zeplin if you've got the routes.

Soldato
OP
oh right :(
sounds like i wont be buying it then, i was expecting much more if im honest. theres some nice touches but i enjoy guildwars far more. but ill no doubt keep playing the trial to see how it goes. cant believe its this popular yet this boring though :o

Permabanned
Semiskimmed said:
oh right :(
sounds like i wont be buying it then, i was expecting much more if im honest. theres some nice touches but i enjoy guildwars far more. but ill no doubt keep playing the trial to see how it goes. cant believe its this popular yet this boring though :o

You've based your judgement of the game entirely on those first twelve levels which constitute a minute proportion of the overall content? Oh dear.

Soldato
Are you actually playing with anyone else, or on your own?

It is a massively multiplayer game for a reason :) The social aspect is the main point of it imho.

Chat to some others and see if you can quest together...

Soldato
OP
well what else am i meant to do then? i can only judge it what ive seen/played lmao!
thats why ive made this thread to see if im doing it the wrong way or something, its been very boring so far with little action or just plain frustrating actually. please give me some insight to 'whats to come', im all ears....
/edit, this is for migsy btw

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Shoseki said:
Are you actually playing with anyone else, or on your own?

It is a massively multiplayer game for a reason :) The social aspect is the main point of it imho.

Chat to some others and see if you can quest together...

i have done so with a few people and some have been great to go through with and do bits etc. but others (where i am now) just join up and get what they want then leave with their loot and move on. im just underpowered atm to take any of the big creatures down :(
i guess its just a case of sitting around waiting for the right person to come along to team with.

Soldato
^^ as said

you cannot judge the game on 12 levels.

if your getting knocked about so early on, your definatley doing something wrong.

Wow is the only game thats has kept my attention this long since launch.

i found guildwars to be very poor in comparison.

my 2p's worth.

Soldato
OP
oh jeez, im not asking if its better than guildwars and im trying my best not to slate wow. im trying to see if im doing it wrong and if i am then please speak up and tell me what i am doing wrong. its not my fault if i do find it boring though. a few of my friends are playing it and i am trying to get into it, ive wasted 14 hours this week on it :D

Soldato
lol ok ok

right first things first you need to think about what you want to do in the game,

do you want to be the main fighter? do you want to have a pet? do you want to deal damage via magic, would you like to have a character which can morpg into animals and so on.

From there plan out your character. Do you want to be a Alliance or horde toon? human or gnome an so forth.

Types i find fun are orc hunters, troll rogues and such. I am not into the magic side of things.

All toons have their pro's and con's some quests will need you to group up others wont. In some cases ie hunter, you wont need to team up at all.
A hunter with pet can be a deadly combo. (you would never guess i play a hunter :D)

I suggest you get yourself into a n00b guild, its there that the game gets good you get to quest with regular players and get to know what their like and such, also makes the game more fun.

As said by other wow is also about the social side of things, which really makes the game cool.

Permabanned
MiGSY said:
You've based your judgement of the game entirely on those first twelve levels which constitute a minute proportion of the overall content? Oh dear.

it's understandable. Its a perfectly liable way of judging a game.

Associate
The most fun part of the game for me is learning all the new stuff that my char can do for the first time and you learn new stuff all the way up to 60.

The game will become boring for me once I've played all the chars up to level 60.

Will never happen if I want to pass my exams though... lol

Back
Top Bottom