• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Customers please read

Godfather
Godfather
As some of you may know summer is the quietest time of the year in the PC business. Warm weather, barbeques and holidays all mean buying hardware isn't foremost in people's minds.

This year is no different, except for OcUK. Right now we are in the middle of a big boom period, for various reasons, but this is also the time of year most staff members take their holidays. Our priority always has and always will be getting your orders out the door and this we are doing. It does mean however that something has to give and that means our phone lines are not staffed to the level we would like.

We've been busy recruiting all week and expect the situaton to ease next week. In the meantime please accept my apologies if you don't get through as quickly as usual and thank you for your support.

Man of Honour
My post got deleted, I know it's not really a good idea to ask why but I was saying nice things :p

Anyway I'll say it again. It's really good to see shops communicating, OcUK have always been great with their customers.

:Edit: Oh wait, no it didn't. That was me seeing this thread reposted in Motors, ignore :p

Last edited:
Associate
This is a fine example why were loyal to OcUK ;) Tell us theyve got a problem with the phones being manned, in real terms it means the phones are getting answered in three rings instead of two lol :D

Soldato
I think the recent problem has been the number of people behind the phone lines, as opposed to the system itself like it was before?

Hard to avoid really, well done for sorting it out.

OcUK Staff
Malkie said:
It is surprising considering the phone lines were utter **** for the last 2 years.

Only recently upgraded and back rubbish already?

The phone system is fantastic but it still needs people sitting at the other end to answer it. ;)

Soldato
lol richard,

Have to say, i have had no problems getting through on the phone, and called in this morning to change my order to a sat delivery as i was hoping to receive it today. And was told no problems and no extra charge.

Now thats customer service and thats why i keep my business here and have ended up cancelling other pre-orders with elsewhere and keeping my business with ocuk.

Some prices maybe a couple of quid more, but at the end of the day its the customer support and being kept informed that keeps me coming back.

Good work ocuk and cheers to all the staff.

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
The phone system is fantastic but it still needs people sitting at the other end to answer it. ;)

Thought about shackling them to their desks? I'm sure you have (and decided against it as you'd be open to massive lawsuits) so the point is moot ;)

:D

Soldato
I don't think ocuk are the only ones who are short staffed. My work have ordered 11 pcs from another staffordshire based company (sorry, but it's not my call). We ordered 2 weeks ago and they won't be ready till next thursday.

That said if you want lots of orders in July market at schools. We do all our big upgrades over the summer holidays while the kids aren't there.

Hope you get the people you need Spie.

Last edited:
Associate
I remember the first time I ordered from OcUK. 2001 it was. I bought a heatsink for my first self-built PC. I remember on another websites forums I mentioned where the particular heatsink was available and they really slated OcUK. I was worried about ordering as I was new to online shopping. I ordered anyway without a problem I'm pleased to say.

In 5 years I 've bought all my gear from OcUK. Although they might not be the cheapest, few pounds here or there on some items, but they have excellent delivery so when I want something fast I know I can have it in literally 24 hours. This is what is important to me. I've bough pretty well all my PC components from OcUK and in 5 years I've only had one ATI 9700np bork on me and that was after 6 months use and some clocking.

Keep up the good work :)

Michael

Soldato
Well I did get through on the phone,the Guy was polite but did'nt seem to have enough authority to sort things out to my satisfaction.
Your support email is another matter still waiting for a reply 5 days later !!
Having a really bad run this week with 2 seperate orders getting lost by the carriers :(
the second order over £800 could and should have been resheduled for Saturday delivery...Now I have to be here monday, and I have the hump so bad I may just return the lot !

But thanks for letting us know

Back
Top Bottom