• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Surely not?

Caporegime
ATI 9800XT is the best Serie in the 9000 series
comparing to the X1000 Series
X1900XT is the best Serie in the X1000 series
Both cards have really high scores in 3DMark05&06
-Compatible with future operating system " Windows Vista" tested with beta 2 2006 july version
-Also compatible with the newest ATI Tools for Free Overclocking

Description

ATI Radeon 9800XT @ 1800XT speed OVERCLOCLED AGP X8 video Card - Made by ATI for OVER CLOCKERS!!!!! Flashable Bios

Windows Vista compatible

Drivers at http://www.ati.com

Item Details

Best Radeon 9800 Series Card with Hynix 400Mhz 256MB DDR3 double sided 128MB quad channel speed on a 256-bit memory interface.
Sixteen extreme parallel pixel pipelines
Six programmable vertex shader pipelines
Card can be unlocked/flashed for more pipelines( this card has not been flashed yet )
This Card runs better than ATI's X1300, X1600, x1800 and Nvidia's 7300,7600 256MB at 530Mhz/730Mhz

Item is tested working. Can play all games at highest resolution settings with no lags.

Is this true or is someone false advertising

Associate
That's a load of old cobblers, no way a 9800XT will beat a X1800XT, especially at 530Mhz/730Mhz. Stock X1800XT speeds are 625/750, and that's ignoring all the increased pipelines or whatever.

Nonsense!

Associate
The sad thing is, someone will probably fall for it thinking they're getting a top graphics card. :( If you know where it is then yeah, be a nice guy and report it as false advertising or whatever the procedure is.

Soldato
lol it happens in my work all the time we have a place to post things for sale

some of them are priceless

like PIII 250mhz
15GB DISK
Win 98
15" CRT mon for

300€

Why?

Cos the guy bought it in 98 for a grand so figures 300 is a good price 2nd hand. There's loads of ad like this... :eek:

Caporegime
OP
i have no idea what the guy is on saying it already has 16 pipelines then saying you can unlock more with a bios flash, then going on to say its better than an x1800xt which is 2 generations ahead of it, simply astonishing what people will do/say to sell crap​

Soldato
Here is the email that the guy from Ebay sent me.

What a Joke,

Hello,

I have reviewed the listing you have brought to our attention and taken
appropriate action. I would also like to explain eBay's policy with
respect to reports like yours.

eBay is not in a position to make judgements about the authenticity or
authorised nature of listings, except in the most extreme circumstances.
This may mean that we cannot remove the item about which you contacted
us, particularly when it is not blatantly clear from the item itself
that it is in some way infringing.

Although you may be extremely knowledgeable about these types of items,
we often cannot remove items unless of course the alleged infringement
is obvious on its face. We would hope that any potential buyer asks as
many questions and certainly researches items such as these before
making any purchase.

I appreciate your vigilance in helping us to keep inappropriate listings
off eBay. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gilbert
eBay Customer Support

Soldato
how can they say that? thats a load of **** you have just told them someone is false advertising and they wont take it off because its not blaintantly obvious, how will a buyer know to ask questions, i normally take whats said in listing to be true. wont most people do the same

Soldato
Wooo does that mean I can now sell my 17" TFT and advertise it as a 22" widescreen TFT instead?

All joking aside, that is very poor from Ebay ... as people have said, it is false advertising :( can we leave feedback on the auction warning people away from it?

Back
Top Bottom