Need a light laptop

JEB

JEB

Associate
Looking for a laptop of decient spec, not worried what make, chipset etc, but it has to be light. Lighter the better. What's your recomendation, something under 2Kg with battery. I'll worry about the price when I see what's out there. Cheers if you can help.

Associate
Hi,

Dont want to hijack your thread but i am looking for a simillar laptop, gonna be hopefully buying in the next three months as i am off travelling again.

i have been doing a bit of research myself and and found these laptops have good reviews:

Acer TravelMate 3010

sony viao vx27

samsung 30q

SONY VAIO PCG-TR2MP

SAMSUNG X30 HWC 755

TOSHIBA PORTÉGÉ A100

I ain't saying these are the best or the most up to date laptops on the market. what i am looking for is something that will handle doing some graphics work, a bit of 3D maybe and being able to play counter-strike source.

also does anyone know of a good website that reviews laptops? may help myself and the original poster out in doing some of our own research.

cheers

Timbo

Associate
sourcing an old ibook or pbook 12" - these are extremely light if you don't mind converting to OS X

ive heard poor things about the toshiba portege from a friend who bought one - was really dissapointed, can't remember what he complained about now, think it marked badly on the casing and it got really hot.

Back
Top Bottom