Viewsonic VX724 Blacking Out

Associate
Hi guys, first time posting here so bear with me :)

Recently I have been having troubles with this monitor, or my rig, cant make up my mind.... First I should list specs :

Tagen 900w, Abit A8n32 SLI with FX60 Dual, Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-8500 TwinX (2x1GB), GeForce 7950 GX2, Ageia PhysX, X-Fi Fatality, XP Pro Sp2

Problem is that the monitor keeps blacking out, as in, it might run for a while say anywhere from 20 seconds to 20 minutes fine, then you would loose the picture. Maybe loose the picture isnt the right word, it would appear the back light has turned its self off, since the computer runs fine, hasnt crashed, and you can still vaugly see whats on the screen. It appears to work fine on another computer but I havent left it running all that long. Could the cable be knackered? I have updated both the monitor drivers and the gfx drivers, still to no avail... Any ideas?

Fraser

Associate
OP
No error message, it just goes black/very dark. I also cant access the on screen display when it goes dark, dunno if that helps. Had an old moniter that I got hooked up, the blackouts didnt appear to happen when I had it going, but maybe it wasnt on for long enough...

This problem originally started on the Saturday but since then, that moniter has been replaced under warenty by viewsonic because the cornlice/thunder flies got under the screen. So new monior same problem. Cable would be the next thing to check, but I dont have a spare.

Fraser

Associate
Solarity said:
No error message, it just goes black/very dark. I also cant access the on screen display when it goes dark, dunno if that helps. Had an old moniter that I got hooked up, the blackouts didnt appear to happen when I had it going, but maybe it wasnt on for long enough...

This problem originally started on the Saturday but since then, that moniter has been replaced under warenty by viewsonic because the cornlice/thunder flies got under the screen. So new monior same problem. Cable would be the next thing to check, but I dont have a spare.

Fraser

is the back light turning off?

I’m not up on the viewsonic menu interface but all the screens I’ve used will at least allow you to use the menu with input problems.

Next time it happens try pulling out the cable and placing it back into the screen.
Try swapping over the cable as you said.
Try the screen on a different pc until you satisfied problem won’t occur.
Try different screen on pc until you satisfied problem won’t occur.

Process of elimination to identify problem area. Next is the fun part, identifying the actual problem.

Never assume 2 products can’t have the same fault, from personal experience I can assure you.

Back
Top Bottom