Recommend me a full sized weighted Midi Keyboard

Associate
Check out the Axiom series by M-Audio. They are amazing value for money. If you want to save money some of the other M-Audio models are also good (with less features i.e. rotaries and sliders.). I own an Axiom 49 and can vouch for it being awesome.

Caporegime
OP
ElRazur said:
I odnt know what you mean by "full size" (pardon my ignorance) but i use the Behringer UMX 61. - cost me £110.00

Hi mean all octaves like a piano.

that Behringer UMX 61has not got weighted keys either but thanks for the input:)

Soldato
'Weighted' doesn't equate to 'feels moderately like a piano'; you'd need to look at 'hammer action' keyboards for that. And they're not cheap.

Search for the CME UF8 88-key hammer action keyboard. It's about as cheap as you're going to get for your requirements without going into the used market - £330 new; maybe less if shopping around or if there's one on t'eBay.

For the price I don't think you'll find anything better than the Fatar SL990 XP 88 Note Hammer Action @ only £239.99 (b-stock), these are really sturdy well made keyboards and the key action on them is great,

type "Fatar SL990 XP" into to google and it should be the first site

"The SL-990XP provides an 88-note keyboard with full-size weighted hammer action keys that give a true piano feel. Thekeyboard features pitch and mod wheels. Performance control is available using program and bank change, transpose, MIDI channel change and 100 user memory locations. The SL-990XP provides MIDI Out and a sustain pedal input. An AC power adapter is included."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom