Weird experience !

Soldato
After being a happy owner of my Zen sleek a while, btu not using it as much, i decided to get it out and play some music in my garage
pluggerd it into the mains and soemthign WEIRD happened

the screen started to flicker, then i had a very strange feelign in y hands ! it appeared that the whole unit was some how charged with electric !
when you rubbied it it kinda felt like it was vibrating... JUST like running your hand onver a TV screen.

its been returned now ( 10 days left on waranty f-t-w ) and replaced with a Vision M

anyone had anything like this happen to them before ?? / an explanation to what has happened? they couldnt believe it in the sjhop untill the lassy nearly dropped it when it started doign its tricks !

Soldato
It would seem you were recieving a mild electric shock :eek:

The fault was probably originally in the adapter, but after that had failed and allowed excessive voltage to the unit it would have fried (didn't it smell/smoke at all?). Your probably lucky it was only a mild shock, sounds like it could have been quite nasty though it's difficult to tell exactly what has happened (it could be a far less serrious static build up by your description, but I don't know how with a TFT/LCD screen. Since you say vibrating it does suggest AC mains though).

Soldato
OP
was pl;ugged into the mains.
just really weird !

i think it was an electric shock i was getting but as i said. it felt EXACTLY like rubbing your hand across a TV screen, you get that kinda bumpy, vibrating feeling.

it had just been sitting dormant for months and as soon as i dwecide to crank er up. that happened ! lol
the screen wqas flickerign so that may mean there was some kind of charge going through it !
i thought it could be quite dangerous tbh

Back
Top Bottom