keeping rats is quite addictive...

Soldato
Meet Toffee & Fudge, Toffee's the albino.

toffee_fudge.jpg

cuddle.jpg

Paul ...

Associate
Violent-J said:
Why would someone keep disgusting vermin as a pet, if I seen a rat I'd stamp on it.

then speed off in your little Micra? Man everything I see you post makes me angry. :rolleyes:

Suspended
Violent-J said:
Why would someone keep disgusting vermin as a pet, if I seen a rat I'd stamp on it.

There's a difference between pet rats and vermin. Although both the same species Rattus Norvegicus or "brown rat", they have been bred in completely different environments. There's another species of wild rat, Rattus Rattus, the "black rat", which are not kept as pets. Pet rats are clean, domesticated, intelligent and friendly. Pet rats are not vermin and have the same animal welfare protection of any other pet.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
holly35 said:
aww your new rats look lovely neil :) What are you going to call them? Holly is a cool girl name ;) x

i've already had one called holly :)

and vermin comments are not welcome, please keep them somewhere else.

unfortunately female rats will 90% die of tumors or respitory failure, but thats just the way of the world.

Soldato
Rats are cute, intelligent and loyal. Unlike most other types of domestic rodent (hamster, mouse, gerbil), they actually *love* human attention and will play games and respond to their names when called. They're as good as dogs in that respect.

I'm going to get my first 3 boys from a local breeder (will have come from a healthy lineage, and been handled from a young age) around early October. I plan to call them Roffle (as a nod to ROFL), Mousey and Dave.

Can't wait :D

Soldato
<3 rats.

They're awesome! My cousin has a couple and everytime I go round, they come right up to the cage and stay there until you take them out.

So cute.

Soldato
OP
nope, they have a cage thats about 1m x 1m x 80cm thats got a bunch of floors, ropes and the like in it.

When i'm in the room with them I leave their door open so they can come out - but thats the thing with rats - they don't seek to escape or hide behind furniture, they just sniff around then go back.

Back
Top Bottom