4800 X2 & Vapochill LS

Soldato
Hi,i bought a 4800 X2 last week & had a go at clocking it on air.It would reach 2600mhz with 1.4volts & i had no luck getting it to 2800mhz despite extra volts.Now my question is i have had a Vapochill LS sitting round here unused for 4 months,would the X2 reach better clocks using the Vapochill & whats the max volts i could safely use? or have i just got a duff chip.

Last edited:
Associate
different cores and all but i had a winchester 3500 at 2.57 on air @ 1.55v. I put it under a mach 2 GT and got 2.7 @ 1.74 v - max load temp is 1 deg, -26 idle (by mbm5 on dfi nf4 .ini). It won't boot at 2.8 and is a little flakey at 2.75.

Soldato
The X2 4800 isn't a brilliant clocker, so don't expect miracles. However, on phase you should be able to get quite a bit more out of it yet :). Here people were using 1.6-1.7 VCore as an average figure to get their high clocks stable with phase cooling.

Caporegime
Amidar said:
Hi,i bought a 4800 X2 last week & had a go at clocking it on air.It would reach 2600mhz with 1.4volts & i had no luck getting it to 2800mhz despite extra volts.Now my question is i have had a Vapochill LS sitting round here unused for 4 months,would the X2 reach better clocks using the Vapochill & whats the max volts i could safely use? or have i just got a duff chip.

max volts would be whatever your mobo could handle, it should overclock over 3ghz with a vapochill LS but it depends on your ram and mobo

Soldato
Vapo LS as an ornament :p how does it look on the coffee table

get it used ! (give it to me for free and i will make use of it :p )

on a serious note, 1.4v is still low even on air aint it ?... i thought 1.5 was even safe for X2 chips

Soldato
OP
Psycho Sonny said:
max volts would be whatever your mobo could handle, it should overclock over 3ghz with a vapochill LS but it depends on your ram and mobo

Motherboard is a DFI Lanparty Experty & memory is 2 x 1Gb Crucial Ballistix(Nearly 1 year old & still going strong :eek: )

If that cpu fails i've still got my FX-55 to try as i have still only ever used it on air.Call me a chicken but i'm just paranoid that something will go wrong :D

Soldato
MightyMatt said:
my 4600+ is sittin @2.85 on 1.5v. cant get her higher dispite extra volts...but at least she hits 2.8!

Thats awesome, but I am interested in the 4400+ or 4800+ purely because they have 1mb cache.

Soldato
Amidar said:
Motherboard is a DFI Lanparty Experty & memory is 2 x 1Gb Crucial Ballistix(Nearly 1 year old & still going strong :eek: )

If that cpu fails i've still got my FX-55 to try as i have still only ever used it on air.Call me a chicken but i'm just paranoid that something will go wrong :D

You have a Vapochill and a FX55 just sitting there not doing anything? :eek: Get them slapped togehter and start clocking! If you don't I will come round your house and steal them off you. (And I live near by you, so im not kidding) ;)

Soldato
OP
I know i should pull my finger out of my **** and do something.I keep saying to myself "this weekend i'll do it" but never do :p.Bought a Lian-Li PC7 2 weeks ago and have cut & drilled this ready for the Vapochill but this is as far as i have got.Anyway this weekend i'll sort it all.May get rid of the 4800 X2 even though i have just had it over a week & go back to the FX-55 as all i do is browse the net & play games :)

Back
Top Bottom