• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1800XT vs. 7900

Associate
Hi guys,
I've ordered a Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO) for my conroe system (in my sig)
It's already been dispatched but I've just ran into a (very nice) problem...

My XFX6600GT graphics card from overclockers recently died and overclockers said XFX will replace it for me within 4 weeks but I should expect an upgrade.

Apparently I will recieve a 7900 as replacement for my XFX6600GT!!

So, I was wondering, which graphics card is better out of X1800XT and 7900?

Permabanned
Tigjaw said:
Hi guys,
I've ordered a Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO) for my conroe system (in my sig)
It's already been dispatched but I've just ran into a (very nice) problem...

My XFX6600GT graphics card from overclockers recently died and overclockers said XFX will replace it for me within 4 weeks but I should expect an upgrade.

Apparently I will recieve a 7900 as replacement for my XFX6600GT!!

So, I was wondering, which graphics card is better out of X1800XT and 7900?

X1800XT with ease, mainly because of the reliabillity of the 7900GT, power wise, the X1800XT nudges ahead in most areas apart from openGL, so that means quak4 and DooM3 ... not exactly a lot to worry about.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to think about what to do with my 7900 then, may keep it for my 'would-be-barebones' system, sell it or give it to my brother.

Man of Honour
Zefan said:
Only the eVGA's have fixed the RAM problem that has caused so much hassle. The rest have a near 10% failure rate.

oooo my postcount.
I've seen a couple of things blamed, not just RAM, and no official explanation. So I'm not convinced that (a) it definitely is a RAM problem and (b) only one company, that doesn't even make RAM, has fixed it.

Man of Honour
Angilion said:
I've seen a couple of things blamed, not just RAM, and no official explanation. So I'm not convinced that (a) it definitely is a RAM problem and (b) only one company, that doesn't even make RAM, has fixed it.

Hmmmm that's true. To be honest I wouldn't touch an nVIDIA card at the moment with this failure jazz.

Soldato
Angilion said:
That sounds spot on. I heard it was something to do with the transistors anyway. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom