• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK FX 60 retail

Suspended
anyone bought one from OcUK recently what stepping did you get

dad's given me the money for this :D

was going to buy a second hand 4800 but have done well at school and stuff so given a bonus from dad.

Associate
for the £560 for the fx60 you could make your self a sweet e6600 rig borad ram etc and still have change that would beat any amd rig

Associate
Sinister said:
anyone bought one from OcUK recently what stepping did you get

dad's given me the money for this :D

was going to buy a second hand 4800 but have done well at school and stuff so given a bonus from dad.

Seriously they arn't joking... Buy a conroe don't get stuck in old tech.

Suspended
OP
I did post when pre orders were open for conroe, after Stelly pre ordered his Exterme Edition was going for that same cpu

But my current rig I love it just wanted some dual core action, but I could sell it off as was planned if I go conroe EE

I have £500+ cash and this rig below that I could sell on the bay

DFI expert
2gb ram ocz
fx 57
and so on

I'll have a think just when I lost thought of Intel Stelly and the bloody Exterme Edition hit's me again ;)

Dad paid for my current rig cost him £££ who's going to tell him I am selling it :eek:

I tell you who Stelly can :)

Last edited:
Don
Sinister said:
I did post when pre orders were open for conroe, after Stelly pre ordered his Exterme Edition was going for that same cpu

But my current rig I love it just wanted some dual core action, but I could sell it off as was planned if I go conroe EE

I have £500+ cash and this rig below that I could sell on the bay

DFI expert
2gb ram ocz
fx 57
and so on

I'll have a think just when I lost thought of Intel Stelly and the bloody Exterme Edition hit's me again ;)

Dad paid for my current rig cost him £££ who's going to tell him I am selling it :eek:

I tell you who Stelly can :)

Ok, I will tell your dad but I need to know a few things...

1. Is he involved in organised crime?
2. Is his arms bigger then my waist?
3. Does he have any mental health problems? (ones like hannibal?)

If the answer to the above questions are no, then I'm in!! :) (plus £50 charge ;))

Stelly

Suspended
OP
Stelly said:
Ok, I will tell your dad but I need to know a few things...

1. Is he involved in organised crime?
2. Is his arms bigger then my waist?
3. Does he have any mental health problems? (ones like hannibal?)

If the answer to the above questions are no, then I'm in!! :) (plus £50 charge ;))

Stelly

Funny I think it's yes to all...do you know him ;)

thanks guys will have a think

be a nice conroe rig just need a extra £300 from dad to buy the cpu, my old rig will pay for the rest of the conroe.

Associate
Sinister said:

Just tell him for less than a brand new CPU, you can have the latest CPU, mobo and RAM. Tell him Intel want's there market back from AMD and thats why they are so cheap ;)

edit: And your saving HIM money.

Caporegime
Go for the Conroe.

If you sell your current CPU, Mobo and RAM, you will be able to get some seriously £££. There are all pretty top notch gear. Then you will just have to get the new CPU, Mobo and RAM.
I assume that you have a decent high end graphics card, so that you can keep, the hard drvies etc you can keep.

You will probabilly have money left over for some kind of CPU watercooling.

Suspended
OP
Bennah said:
Sell the current hardware you got. Put all the money together and buy a new Conroe setup ;)

E6700 Conroe
P5W DH
7950 GX2
2x 1GB Corsair 6400 C3's
Watercooling for CPU :D

looks good

yep gonna put the old rig on ebay sell the parts pull the money together and buy a Conroe

spending that much on a FX 60 would be crazy thanks for slapping me round the head

gonna buy the E6600 cpu which I will just overclock

First gonna see how much I get on the bay for the pc parts

many thanks guys you saved me a bundle :)

Don
Sinister said:
yep gonna put the old rig on ebay sell the parts pull the money together and buy a Conroe

spending that much on a FX 60 would be crazy thanks for slapping me round the head

gonna buy the E6600 cpu which I will just overclock

First gonna see how much I get on the bay for the pc parts come back and get someone to spec me a rig with the money I have.

many thanks guys you saved me a bundle :)

No problem, and you will not be disappointed :)

Stelly

Back
Top Bottom