• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

worth upgrading to 4600+ from a 4200+?

Associate
Hi,

right now I have an A64 x2 4200+ and was wondering whether the upgrade to a 4600+ would make any difference? Would it be better to get a 4400+ with 1MB cache?

thank you in advance
Yannis

Man of Honour
You could overclock to a 4600 easy, if your gonna make a switch I'd go with the 4400+, but I doubt either would be particularly noticable.

Soldato
Stock for stock, not really.

Get the 4400 which has the same cache and with a small clock (should'nt even break a sweat) and you'll hit the 4600 speeds and have the same cache.

Performance wise i don't think you'll see much difference unless you OC the CPU some more, but even then you could OC with the current one.

If it were me, i'd say its a waste of money. I asked something very similar to this here....

Back
Top Bottom