• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 AM2 5000+

Soldato
AMD X2 AM2 5000+ - Conroe discussion

Ok, so I'm looking at getting this (possibly, possibly a E6600...please don't start the whole Conroe argument), but I've been looking around on the web and I can't find a published release date, does anybody here know when the 5000+ is going to/supposidly being released, or if it is at all?

I'm suprised it isn't out yet as it's the best AM2 there is according to the stats (apart from the FX-62) and it's also well priced.

Cheers all

InvG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No offence, but I couldn't careless, all I am asking is if someone knows when the 5000+ comes out, and not Conroe vs AM2, and you don't so wasted a post really. :rolleyes:

Soldato
InvaderGIR said:
No offence, but I couldn't careless, all I am asking is if someone knows when the 5000+ comes out, and not Conroe vs AM2, and you don't so wasted a post really. :rolleyes:
No offence but that was a bit out of order. All I did was tell you that you could make a better buy with the E6600.. Sorry, next time I won't bother giving you advice.

Caporegime
InvaderGIR said:

No offence but the the 5000+ is slower than the FX 62 and so who cares on its release. :D ;)

The simple fact is you can have a faster system for less.

Get a 6300 clock it and beat AM2's flagship FX 62 for 135 quid.
You ask for input and you knock people who offer advice.

Naffa knows his stuff and having that attitute will mean that you will not last long in this freindly forum with people with knowledge like my self and others willing to offer VALID contributions that help many people save money and have the fastest system possible.

Associate
I know you how good these conroes are but all i see is buy a conroe and clock it and it will **** all over the AMD chips. But what is the comparison like vs. a clocked AMD chip?

Soldato
easyrider said:
Naffa knows his stuff and having that attitute will mean that you will not last long in this freindly forum with people with knowledge like my self and others willing to offer VALID contributions that help many people save money and have the fastest system possible.
Thanks ;) :D And yep, that is true.

Caporegime
Macca said:
I know you how good these conroes are but all i see is buy a conroe and clock it and it will **** all over the AMD chips. But what is the comparison like vs. a clocked AMD chip?

My opty 170 @ 2.8ghz (FX 62) speeds did super PI in 26 seconds 1mb.

My conroe does it in 14 seconds thats how fast it is.

Video encoding is awsome My workstation performs like it should my 2.8ghz dual core cannot keep up.In fact the conroe is in a different league.

Associate
easyrider said:
My opty 170 @ 2.8ghz (FX 62) speeds did super PI in 26 seconds 1mb.

My conroe does it in 14 seconds thats how fast it is.

Video encoding is awsome My workstation performs like it should my 2.8ghz dula core cannot keep up.In fact the conroe is in a different league.

That is insane...

My [email protected] manages 25s 1Mb PI's, but that's coupled with 1Gb G.Skill PC4800.

For an outlay of about £200 (recouping my sales of my current setup), I could get something that beats AMD's £700 chips.

Conroe, thank you very much,.

Associate
Macca said:

Who said you even have to clock it?

The E6600 is just as fast as an FX-62 stock ;).

Associate
naffa said:
No offence but that was a bit out of order. All I did was tell you that you could make a better buy with the E6600.. Sorry, next time I won't bother giving you advice.

but he didn't ask for advice on what he should get. he wanted to know the release date of the 5000+ so it wasn't really out of order at all. Most of the replies to this thread have been completely off topic. You wouldn't like someone dumping on your thread so why should you on others.
it's really quite boring seeing every thread about AM2 getting taken off topic by conroe owners/lovers/fanboys, most people know what you are gonna say and if they specifically request you don't mention conroe then why do you?
there are plenty of threads where you can discuss the advantages of a conroe over an X2 cpu so try and stick to those. One thing never mentioned is the upgrade path for those with conroe... is there any? yes there is Kentsfield but will all current conroe mobo's definately support it? if so then what about after Kentsfield? it's not even a native quad core.
AM2 on the other hand is confirmed to be able to support processors released way in to 2008 any maybe beyond. It will even be compatible with cpu's that support the next generation (ddr3) socket AM3.

As for the release date of the 5000+, well it was meant to launch around June time but obviously theres little/no availability now and its already august so i am not really sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest I have to completely agree with Kamakzie on this one. The op made it completely clear in his starting post that he did not want to start a "Conroe is better than sliced bread" thread. The replier to this question then proceeded to give him information that a) he had specifically said he didn't want; and b) didn't make any attempt to answer the question. The following posters then proceeded to hijack the thread their own ends and midly flame the op in the process.

Personally I think you guys were the ones who were out of order.

To OP afraid I don't have any info for you re: your question but I did feel the need to post here because poor manners and flaming (however mild) is just not on. Perhaps an apology to the op might actually be in order here guys

Caporegime
Kamakazie! said:
One thing never mentioned is the upgrade path for those with conroe... is there any? yes there is Kentsfield but will all current conroe mobo's definately support it? if so then what about after Kentsfield? it's not even a native quad core.

AM2 on the other hand is confirmed to be able to support processors released way in to 2008 any maybe beyond.

Ok Fair enough.

By the year 2008 AMD just might have a CPU that can rival my conroe now! :p

No fanboy BTW I have been an AMD user in the past.

Associate
Kamakazie! said:
but he didn't ask for advice on what he should get. he wanted to know the release date of the 5000+ so it wasn't really out of order at all. Most of the replies to this thread have been completely off topic. You wouldn't like someone dumping on your thread so why should you on others.
it's really quite boring seeing every thread about AM2 getting taken off topic by conroe owners/lovers/fanboys, most people know what you are gonna say and if they specifically request you don't mention conroe then why do you?
there are plenty of threads where you can discuss the advantages of a conroe over an X2 cpu so try and stick to those. One thing never mentioned is the upgrade path for those with conroe... is there any? yes there is Kentsfield but will all current conroe mobo's definately support it? if so then what about after Kentsfield? it's not even a native quad core.
AM2 on the other hand is confirmed to be able to support processors released way in to 2008 any maybe beyond. It will even be compatible with cpu's that support the next generation (ddr3) socket AM3.

As for the release date of the 5000+, well it was meant to launch around June time but obviously theres little/no availability now and its already august so i am not really sure.

Considering a motherboard never lasts a year for me, I'm not even thinking about the end of 07, never mind what others are thinking about in 08 ;)

fanboys - i've been AMD since 2000.

As to the topic, I've no idea when a 5000 will be out.

But, another retailer has been quoted to say that...

"The latest date we have for this is 02/08."

i.e. out now ?

Caporegime
-BA- said:
Personally I think you guys were the ones who were out of order.

To OP afraid I don't have any info for you re: your question but I did feel the need to post here because poor manners and flaming (however mild) is just not on. Perhaps an apology to the op might actually be in order here guys

InvaderGIR said:
No offence, but I couldn't careless,

Attitude like that does not really warrant a helpful response.In my book.

And he did say he " would possibly, possibly get a E6600" ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom