just dropped my harddrive...

Soldato
Hi,

As my motherboard is out for repair or replacement my computer is currently in bits. just for a little while i placed my primary HDD which has all my important data on the computer which is on my desk.

as i was leaning over to pull plugs out of the wall i accidentally tilted the case which caused the HDD to slide off and hit a hard surface, its about a 45 Cm drop. i cought it after i side of the HDD has hit the table but also touched the circuit board with my bare hands.

will my data be fine? it is ok to connect up when motherboard arives? :confused: :(

thankyou
shimy

Associate
Dropped my Spinpoint onto the table and then bounced onto a thin carpeted wooden floor.

Thought I'd screwed it up, particularly as it's part of a striped RAID array, but still works perfectly.

Bloody resilient these days it would appear :D

Soldato
hard drives these days have a rating on average of 300G non operating shock level. that means you can play hockey with the hard drive and as long as the circuit board is not damaged the hard drive will be 100% fine and have no problems on it.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
hard drives these days have a rating on average of 300G non operating shock level. that means you can play hockey with the hard drive and as long as the circuit board is not damaged the hard drive will be 100% fine and have no problems on it.
I would like to test this assertion with your most precious pr0n array. :p

Back
Top Bottom