messy networks lol

Soldato
tbh if you have quite a few racks then its fact that you can only keep it so tidy.

Ours is big and we have loads of cables, but they are better organised than what they have, but i wouldnt say it was tidy

Soldato
Thats mental.
I saw the first pic and almost laughed at how tidy it was. But as i kept scrolling, i realised how much worse it was than the one we have at work.
With a load of the cables submerged as well!!!
I wonder though, apart from the cable lengths & lack of tidying, does it work properly?
The ones at work were setup poorly in an extremely cascading fashion between the switches, causing massive bottlenecks. I wonder if its the same situation there?

Associate
I have seen similar cabling to some of those pics, one customer suite in Telehouse was particarly bad as was a major banks data centre in The City.
We also had one customer who spent over £10k to cable their suite to a very neat standard then made their local tech redundant.They then just used contractors when needed and the place is a total mess now.

If anyone has ever been to Telehouse in Docklands then you know how bad the risers and underfloors are, in some places the floor tiles dont go level due to the amount of cables underfloor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wyvern971 said:
EDIT:
O/T but how have you got your Sigs rotating BoomAM?
With a php script on some webspace.
I'd like to take credit, but my webspace does support php and i dont know php, so a member on here is kindly hosting the sigs for me, and designed the php script for me.
:)

Man of Honour
pdw8 said:
I have seen similar cabling to some of those pics, one customer suite in Telehouse was particarly bad as was a major banks data centre in The City.
We also had one customer who spent over £10k to cable their suite to a very neat standard then made their local tech redundant.They then just used contractors when needed and the place is a total mess now.

If anyone has ever been to Telehouse in Docklands then you know how bad the risers and underfloors are, in some places the floor tiles dont go level due to the amount of cables underfloor.

i don't know which part you're in but our area (tfm71) is pretty good. not immaculate but reasonably tidy, unlike our racks...

Associate
bigredshark said:
i don't know which part you're in but our area (tfm71) is pretty good. not immaculate but reasonably tidy, unlike our racks...

The worst one I saw was Genuity who my company bought out a few years back.I think it was TFM5 on the 3rd floor and it was pretty bad. Its now an moreless an empty room. MCI have a suite opposite ours in TFM4 and that was pretty messy aswell. The riser outside TFM4 was totally full so they built new ones and I remember seeing spray painted cables under the floor where it was so bad. When I was in Field Services I arranged contractors to put in over a hundred cables around the site and none were ever removed.
Admittedly I have not been there for over a year as I left FS so it may have improved, I do miss the coffee in Bytes though :)

Back
Top Bottom