The *Official* Eve Online Thread

JC

JC

Soldato
why seriously? They didnt win by luck? Let them showcase their victory, he's not forcing you to download it, just making it available to those that want to

Soldato
Anybody know what went on with that new GM who spawned himself a scorpion and fitted about 25billion ISK worth of rare modules? According to one of the GM's on the forums, he was very new and was fired for abusing his position (I figured this was what happened from the GM's post)

While I am certainly not going to give out the name of the GM in question, as I feel that would be a total breach of anything resembling professionalism, I can tell you that it was none of the GM's mentioned above.

When I said that this GM was brand new, I meant that he was brand new. He was hired (and fired) after the dev blog quoted was written.

Lead GM Ender

Ahhh ... just spotted this :

Ok...

We’ve finished the investigation. There was indeed a guilty party. It was a brand new GM who obviously didn’t understand the rules as they were thorougly explained to him, who took it upon himself to cheat in such an outrageous manner.

This is in fact the first time in three and a half years that a GM has been found cheating in such a way. I wanted to get that out of the way before any conspiracy nuts pop up. But oh boy, was it a doozy.

This particular new GM is now looking for a new job, as we do not, and never have tolarated to even a slight degree, any cheating within EVE. We are much too fully aware of the possible consequences of allowing any cheating to go on among the GM's. We do regular sweeps where we go over the logs of everyone to see what they are doing on their player accounts.

As for the player who ended up with the loot, he has been temporarily banned for refusing to co-operate. We asked him to hand it over, and he flatly refused. We had no choice but to temporarily ban his account while we retrieve the goods. As Kieron stated above, if the bank accidentally deposits money that doesn’t belong to you in your account, you can’t expect to be allowed to keep it.

He will get control of his account back as soon as we’re satisfied that we have retrieved all the stuff.

Lead GM Ender

naughty GM :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
magickangaroo said:
still narked i got press credentials from the devs to go film and contribute and NTL didnt install my internet in time in the new house....

/me fumes

Once in a lifetime kinda thing, and its all NTL's fault, no change there :D :p

Soldato
[DW]Muffin said:
yup does amake you wonder though, what if they miss some spawnings

*me creates tinfoil hat*

In another post by GM Ender he states there are checks in place, logs are scanned, this case was only brought to attention and solved so quickly as it was declared on the forums ... if it hadn't it would have taken a bit longer as the logs were trawled.

Associate
how can i join in on the trial?

i had a go a while back, but didn't have the time to take full advantage of the trial. If i like it im going to replace it with Wow

my email is [email protected] if anyone can gimme some info on the trial

Thx

Associate
I managed to get in on the gamershell trial thingy. 14 days. Right, im gonna give this a go but I want to do it properly this time.

Anyone have an msn or TS so I can play and chat?

my msn is in previous post

Associate
I have an im going through the tutorial again now.

Already stole someone's cargo from a rat lol, msg'd me telling me not to do it again or i'll end up dead LOL

Associate
do you take total noobs?

and who do i have to speak to about joining?

had the game a while ago, stopped playing, but recently (today) started playing again, want to get into a corp to get the hang of the ropes, do some missions, go mining or w/e

pretty juch just want a group of people to play with

Back
Top Bottom