X2 Stock Cooler

Associate
I have just opened my X2 4400 chip and taken a quick look at the stock cooler. I never realised the Chip manufacturers cooling solutions had come so far - mine seems to have four heat pipes attached to a chunky 80 mm fan!!!

My question is how do the oem coolers compare to the artic cooling freezer 64 pro?

I only post this because the oem h/sink looks better quality than the artic. My freezer pro has 4 of the 6 'pipes' crimped which frankly looks bloody awful :o

Suspended
Yup 4400 stock HPF (heatpipe fan) is very nice indeed for a stock unit. :) Using it on my SC 3700 at the moment. I think it does compare quite well against other budget heatpipe fan coolers, believe it outperformed a couple too.

The fan is a bit noisy >2500 rpm though, and at 3000rpm bit of a racket.

Associate
OP
Sweet, thanks for letting me know - ill probably 'bay it however that damn arctic piece of crap better step upto the mark or ill be seriously peeved !

Suspended
tbh I don't think I noticed much difference between stock HPF and Ninja, tried reseating it several times. Not exactly 10 degrees difference, bit of a waste of £30.

Associate
OP
LoL , i think weve all been had with these aftermarket coolers!!! :eek:

Still love my hyper6+

JUST USE IT FANLESS BABY !

Associate
I got a mates stock x2 4400 retail on my x64 3500, good cooler but dam is the fan loud when it gets upto speed

Is there anyway of fitting another fan onto the heatsink? The one that comes with it is kinda built in :confused:

Soldato
LordVader said:
I got a mates stock x2 4400 retail on my x64 3500, good cooler but dam is the fan loud when it gets upto speed

Is there anyway of fitting another fan onto the heatsink? The one that comes with it is kinda built in :confused:

way off topic - but is your ram running in dual channel - i only ask as it usually should have the 2 ram modules in the same colour slots on the motherboard! :confused: yours appear to be in different coloured slots

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if the fan is easy to remove on the heatpipe cooler? i got some spare 80mm akasa ambers that i wouldnt mind putting on

If anyone knows how to do it can you please let me know, i dont wanna start tinkering and break it as i dont have a spare :p

Man of Honour
Rob43 said:
Just unscrew the four small screws & screw the amber on it. I got one of the with my X2 4400 although i don't use it

Rob

Ah yeah didnt see the screws, thought it was the little pushy things that were on the opty one, those didnt seem to do anything when you pushed them :D

Back
Top Bottom