Asus P5W DH?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We've been so busy chaps its unbelievable.

I've looked at a few of these boards in stock and they worked fine out of the box with Core 2 DUO, so maybe there were older batches? The new stock we have now only came in like 2 days ago and we got about 250 in stock and selling like 30-40 a day so its impossible for us to check them all. Though now it seems they do work out of box fine, but don't shoot me if they don't.

Soldato
DAY_1985 said:
What memory is best for this board? Im going to get one as soon as overclockers opens tomarrow. :D
For overclocking, you'll need PC2-6400 DDR2.
A lot of guys are using G.Skill with this board:
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400

If you're only going for a mild overclock, the NR should do:
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 ("This Week Only" prices)

Soldato
Sir Random said:
For overclocking, you'll need PC2-6400 DDR2.
A lot of guys are using G.Skill with this board:
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400

If you're only going for a mild overclock, the NR should do:
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 ("This Week Only" prices)

That ram should be good enough for 3GHz + with an E6300 shouldnt it?

(if I am right I wouldnt call that a "mild overclock")

Associate
A bit off topic but is it against the rules to post a link to another forum's guide to using the Asus P5W DH. I looked in the FAQ and it said "No promotion of OcUK's competitors" does this include the forum's competitors? There was nothing listed about links to other forums so I am guessing it is ok.
Cheers!

Associate
Just picked up this motherboard that includes the latest bios.

asus.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
nick_000000 said:
A bit off topic but is it against the rules to post a link to another forum's guide to using the Asus P5W DH. I looked in the FAQ and it said "No promotion of OcUK's competitors" does this include the forum's competitors? There was nothing listed about links to other forums so I am guessing it is ok.
Cheers!
Linking to other forums is fine, as long as there's no mention of competing PC hardware vendors that ship to the UK.

Soldato
scoopex said:
Just picked up this motherboard that includes the latest bios. Can anyone point me to a good CPU cooler that OCUK sell ?

Just picked this up aswell, along with the E6700, no stock of the E6600 unfortunatly.

Will see how the build goes over the remainder of the weekend.

Hoping to get some good performance with Crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom