problem re uninstall

Associate
hi all.

hoping somone out here could help.

i have 2 games im trying to play atm, farcry and broken sword 3.

i had both the games installed on a hard disk but the drive broke.

add remove programmes still showed them in the list, thou cant uninstall due to not having a log for them (Seeing as the hd is gone), tried supplying extra paramaters to the setup files to force them to install thou that doesnt seem to work or im using the wrong paramaters.

also tried removing registery bits both manually and with registry checkers.

really run out of ideas now, so if u can think of anything it would be a real help.

thanks in advance

mgk

Soldato
So if I'm right, you're wanting to remove them off the list and any remaining files?

Why don't you reinstall the games and see if you can uninstall them properly again?

But what I don'tunderstand is if your old HDD died, you installed them on a new HDD...so where's the problem? They shouldn't be there? :confused:

Soldato
I'm guessing that getting rid of any registry keys/entries that refer to the games might solve the problem. Have you tried running something like registry mechanic ? then try to re-install them on your new drive. The way I read this is that your OS is on one drive and the games were on another ?

Associate
OP
Ice On Fire said:
So if I'm right, you're wanting to remove them off the list and any remaining files?

Why don't you reinstall the games and see if you can uninstall them properly again?

But what I don'tunderstand is if your old HDD died, you installed them on a new HDD...so where's the problem? They shouldn't be there? :confused:

the problem is that they think theyre installed, listed in add remove programmes and so when u try to install u can only uninstall, but you cant uninstall cos there logs etc dont exist so the uninstaller exits.

Sputnik II said:
I'm guessing that getting rid of any registry keys/entries that refer to the games might solve the problem. Have you tried running something like registry mechanic ? then try to re-install them on your new drive. The way I read this is that your OS is on one drive and the games were on another ?

yes, both reg mech manually searching for keys relating to the games and 3 other registry apps

what im lookin for here is something that will either remove the progs from the add remove section, or allow me to force an install.

Associate
To remove apps in the add/remove list:

Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall, and remove any unwanted keys under "Uninstall."

You can also use tweakui i believe to acomplish the same thing.

:D

Associate
OP
f00b4r said:
To remove apps in the add/remove list:

Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall, and remove any unwanted keys under "Uninstall."

You can also use tweakui i believe to acomplish the same thing.

:D
ta mate will try that asap

Back
Top Bottom