GAAA!!! my mouse is possessed!! (moves on its own) help! :(

Soldato
Used to happen to me all the time until I switched mice. It was an optical then I switched to a laser one which is a logitech G5 and not had the problem since. So if you cant sort it try replacing it since it might have a fault I know mine did tried everything to fix it until I decided to replace it.

Permabanned
OP
naffa said:
I'm a Logic man. :) I do stuff like that on my Mac where I compose beats and stuff just as it's a genre that I'm not massively into and it's different to the music I play. But my keyboards are really here because I'm a pianist and my Piano is downstairs.

http://ubernaffa.googlepages.com/03NaffasBeat.wma

Thats one of my masterpieces.

I used Garageband to make that I think yonks ago. But now I've moved onto Logic in the rare event that I use the eMac for some recording or the like. I have a multitrack recorder that my mum got given by one of her friends (we're in the local musicians circle) for free and she gave it to me me me.

ah, never used logic myself, i love making music but i have a couple of major problems... i dont know how to use my software properly and i cant play any instruments....

that didnt stop me from knocking these 3 out though :D

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DB8519031A35871C < made in 2001

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C229F51150995E25
8 months ago

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=27578F426B96204A
8 months ago,

the last 2 are quite special to me, one is the question, the other is the answer to the question...

currently trying to make a video of london at night to go with them. I know they are not great but as i said, i cant play a thing lol, kind of like flying blind... :/

back on topic, i have dissabled the "improve pointer accuracy thing to try it, its a damn site harder to click things now though :(

kalanium said:
Used to happen to me all the time until I switched mice. It was an optical then I switched to a laser one which is a logitech G5 and not had the problem since. So if you cant sort it try replacing it since it might have a fault I know mine did tried everything to fix it until I decided to replace it.

already replaced it, read the original post fully :p ;)

Last edited:
Associate
i cant say i know much about mice, but i use to have that problem, i posted on a forum of the company that made my mouse and they said that most optical mice have a piece of clear film over the red light thingy.

recieving this i took my mouse apart, carefully, and remover the piece of film.
my mouse now works perfectly, i looked at the film/plastic under a microscope (no im not a scientist, my sister has 1,lol) and there was a slight scratch on the plastic, maybe this is the same for you, :confused:

if you do decide to do this, i suggest you be very careful there are many fragile parts in a optical mouse, well there was in mine, and there small so if the fall out its a git to get em back in,lol.

hope it works out.

MilkyBar

Associate
locutus12 said:
this is my mouse pad

Newmousepad.jpg

fabric base with a hard coated surface, to be honest... i hadnt thought about the matt, will dig out a fabric one and try it, i hate fabric matts :( 2 weeks and its so grubby and worn that i have to replace it.

So have you tried another mat?
One problem with the red light of optical mice is that they do not work on red properly. So when you move the mouse over a red patch on the mat they tend to go a bit mental.

But other than that I do have something very similar happen with my laser mouse, but it only does it once or twice a day so I don't tend to worry about iit

Associate
My friend has the same problem and its all because hes using a standard mousemat, I took my IceMat round and it was fine, or on his wood surface.

Back
Top Bottom