DVI to HDMI

Caporegime
would it be worth say £10 to buy a DVI to HDMI cable to run my 32inch HD LCD TV which is a Sammy currently running using a VGA cable and a vga to dvi converter to connect to my x1900xt? will the picture quality improve? will the signal quality improve? will it change anything at all? or should i just keep my current setup? if it improves image quality in any way surely it would be worth it since im using such a big widescreen lcd

Associate
it will improve, using a vga adaptor/input forces the graphics card(which is nativaly digital)to output an analogue signal to your digital screen that has to process it as an analogue signal, during this process you lose abit of quality... such as less vibrant colours...

Soldato
stick with the d-sub, most hdmi overscan a little, and ive tried it, and there isnt enough diff in picture to justify it. Of course it depends on your outlook really, try it and see.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
The VGA connection on my LE32R73BDX is far superior to the HDMI. The VGA is completely crisp and runs 1:1 at 1360x768 (with no phase/clock issues), the HDMI is overscanned (and as such, distorted). The HDMI also limits you to HD resolutions; 720p looks bitty and the interlacing of 1080i is very obvious when coming from a PC.

Back
Top Bottom