Company of heroes beta may come out today!

Soldato
hyper_piper45 said:
I've had a few games this morning and it has been good fun! It always crashes when i finish a game and try to get back into the lobby :(

If anyone want to play i can host some games, i've got a 1.3mb up.

Add me to msn mate.

robertcsmith26 at hotmail dot com

Soldato
Reppyboyo said:
Still connection errors galore, so your lucky to get games at the moment.

I havent been able to play more than a 1v1 :(
Mine have gone now.. server seems okish.. maybe more Americans are loggin on..

Soldato
Some people in the chat have said that they are working on the servers so problems may be gone in the next few days. We can only hope.

Associate
hyper_piper45 said:
All you need is a free account with fileplanet. You don't have to pay.

Once you have downloaded the beta you need a key from here
Yeah but whenever I request one it always says the same which is this:

Game Key Processing
Your request for a game key is being reviewed. Please check back in twenty-four hours to see if your request has been approved. We apologize for the inconvenience!

To ensure that you can return to this page to check on your key status, do not delete the install file. If you do not want to save the install file, please save this URL to check back on your key status:

If you have any questions concerning the holding process, please contact Customer Support.

I check back in 24 hours and it still says my key is on hold any ideas :rolleyes:

Stu

Soldato
Reppyboyo said:
We must be playing different games, logging in take over 3 minutes for me.
Let alone anything else.

Sorry chap, at the time of posting my one saying it was fine i went on and struggled to get a game.. so the Americans must have come on.. but it was fine this morning time.

Had a crazy battle though when i did get a game on the trainyard 2v2 map. My mate was a bit of a noob so we struggled and they were clearly good but the amount going on the entire scenery was decimated in the middle.. quality stuff.

Soldato
I had been trying all morning to no avail, there was allways 500+ players on.

Another update btw:

There are two known bugs that the team is working on right now. The lobby crash that is affecting everything, and there is a bug that is overloading the server.

I understand these are both a big pain, and apologize for that, but I do want to say thanks to everyone stressing the servers since we may have missed the overload bug without you.

I know some motherboard come with their own firewalls, do you know if your's has one enabled? I believe some of the nForce motherboards have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacer
They're running the same version of Windows with same Service packs (XP Pro. + SP2). No Firewalls or anti spyware programs running (not even installed)

I'm tempted to believe that this is not a software issue. Looking at all the hijackthis logs, and seeing that also disabling all services and startups doen't do anything...

On the other hand it's also hard to believe that it's a hardware problem. Since all kinds of hardware seem to have this problem.
What I observed is that (almost?) everyone with the problem seems to have a Athlon64 Processor.
Then again there ARE people with A64 CPUs who don't have any problem with the game

I know some motherboard come with their own firewalls, do you know if your's has one enabled? I believe some of the nForce motherboards have them.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Rerading around this happened last weekend and everything cleared up Monday morning once the servers had been rebooted and the yanks were at work.
Here's hoping a.

Associate
Well Ive yet to really play this properly, Ive done the tutorial but Im not to keen on going up against random people, anyone wants a game add me to xfire: Nieldo or MSN: james-nield at hotmail.co.uk, I use TS or Vent if you like as well. :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Downloading now :). I've been waiting for a decent/refreshing rts game for a while. Hopefully it will also stop me getting too bored while I'm at home :o

Soldato
I had a try a couple of days ago, been ahiles ince i played an online rts, last was Age of Mythologies, 1st game was a 2v2, i got totally slaughtered as my team m8t buggered off and id forgoting to build a barracks, was running around with quite a few flamer engis :eek:. I dont think ive got the right mentality for games likes these as i like to build up my defenses 1st before leaving my base to kill ppl. :(

Associate
me and gord had two games in a row, was a bit bumpy at first, with two crashes but ingame it runs pretty fine. Lots of fun.

Its so awsome to see the aftermath of a battle, one second its a peacefull french village with little buildings and a few germans, the next its a big crater thanks to gord and his howitzer army :S.

Another tip, if you see a little tracked remote control vehicle heading to your squad of engies or riflement... or any of your units, run, because those things blow up with such force, it has to have been the biggest single explosion i saw in the two games we played.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last Kronin said:
I dont think ive got the right mentality for games likes these as i like to build up my defenses 1st before leaving my base to kill ppl. :(

Thats why the games so good and why i went ballistic at some moron in the lobby who went .."oh no, not another CNC clone".. the game forces you to go out and win those points if you dont you lose.

Neildo's and mine games were pretty good. We wiped the normal enemies clean and the hard ones the same until my tinternet disconnected.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I got one game last night 2v2 and got slaughtered.
I am picking it up though but i just don't seem to build up quick enouth to get my Armour. I am odviously doing something wrong but once the servers settle down i will be able to have a few games in a row and get properly to grips with this little beauty.
I am so looking forward to a well matched 3v3 it hurts.
For me and my BF2 head it's like a mini BF2 army that i control. Like a cartoon war with my little troopers steaming about. I really do love the feel of this game. :cool:

Feel free to add me to MSN those that are enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom