• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Permabanned
OP
Eggenberg4Ever said:
Using 3D Mark 05 I get a score of 5699

its not the greatest score, but not bad either (stock score is about 4000) try lowering the memory a little and pushing the GPU up higher, they are usually good for 520mhz.

Associate
With mem @ 560 & core @ 520 I'm getting 5655.
Hmmmmmm. Expecting whopping results but not the case.
It is showing as anX850 Pro but I can't get anywhere near the results that some posters are getting using clocks like 560/560.
TBH, I'm **** scared of whacking up the numbers too high & frying my card; her indoors just wouldn't countenance my getting a new one :D

Permabanned
OP
Eggenberg4Ever said:
With mem @ 560 & core @ 520 I'm getting 5655.
Hmmmmmm. Expecting whopping results but not the case.
It is showing as anX850 Pro but I can't get anywhere near the results that some posters are getting using clocks like 560/560.
TBH, I'm **** scared of whacking up the numbers too high & frying my card; her indoors just wouldn't countenance my getting a new one :D

560 cores the exception not the rule, most of the GTO2`s topped out at between 500 and 530 on the GPU. whats your CPU speed ?

Associate
3 GHz P4, 800 MHz FSB.
Just ran 3D 05 with clocks @ 520/600 & got a score of 5811.
Gonna play a bit of BF2 to check stability at these settings.
BTW, thanks for the help & advice, I'm sure you'd much rather be doing other things mate ;)

Permabanned
OP
Eggenberg4Ever said:
3 GHz P4, 800 MHz FSB.
Just ran 3D 05 with clocks @ 520/600 & got a score of 5811.
Gonna play a bit of BF2 to check stability at these settings.
BTW, thanks for the help & advice, I'm sure you'd much rather be doing other things mate ;)

youl find if you bump up your CPU youl get a few more marks too ;)

p.s. i used to get around 5800, :) more than enough for bf2 @ 1280X1024 on high (provided you have 2 gig of ram, you wont get a jerk free game in BF2 with high settings if you dont have at least 1.5gig)

Associate
Got 2 Gig o RAM & seems ok.
Any pointers for clocking the CPU?
Sys specs as follows:

CPU Properties
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 630, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
CPU Alias Prescott-2M

Dell 8400 mobo (I hear this is a bi**h to o/c)
North Bridge Intel Alderwood i925XE
Supported FSB Speeds FSB800, FSB1066

Any good?

Permabanned
OP
well the system is fine but i think if you managed to get another 2 to 3 hundred Mhz on the CPU you would probably gain an extra 150 3dmarks, (about 3 to 5% extra graphical performance) its not much so probably not worth bothering with, i just thought i would let you know :)

Associate
Nah, sounds like a headache mate ;)
Thanks for all the help though.
Any recommendations for my next GPU (bearing in mind it'll be around Xmas when I manage to get it).
Looking to spend around £150.

Permabanned
OP
Eggenberg4Ever said:
Nah, sounds like a headache mate ;)
Thanks for all the help though.
Any recommendations for my next GPU (bearing in mind it'll be around Xmas when I manage to get it).
Looking to spend around £150.

come Xmas a whole new range will be here along with DX10 so none of the current stock will be worth a flying **** if you want the new DX10 eye candy :D

wait till january when dx10`s abit more established and the new cards have settled in, then feel free to ask me :)

Permabanned
OP
GoldenGlory said:
How much should I pay for one of these cards second hand?

It's been flashed.

i would say between £90 and £110 depending on how well it clocks and if it has an R480 core with the RED circuit board, the blue ones were ok but they are R430 and dont clock as well.

Mike UK said:
Probs a daft question but does this work with the HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1800 GTO TURBO 256MB card?

to be honest with you i wouldnt have a clue, but your very welcome to try it as i would love to know... just have an original bios and a PCI graphics card rready (i can make you an iso for it if you can get me the original bios for your card)

Permabanned
locutus12 said:
i would say between £90 and £110 depending on how well it clocks and if it has an R480 core with the RED circuit board, the blue ones were ok but they are R430 and dont clock as well.

Hi, it's a red board.
Manufacturer is Saphire, never been overclocked so no idea on the overclockability. £100 sound ok?

Permabanned
OP
red PCB, made by sapphire... and the owner claimes he has never clocked it ?? lol... i wouldnt believe him for a minute :D £100 sounds great :D (although haggling for £95 never hurt...) it should clock well enough :)

Associate
locutus12 said:
download this ISO Unzip it and burn to CD / DVD (if you have nero, open it, close the wizard and from the record menu select burn image then select the ISO, if you have easy CD creator, i dont have a clue )

http://fobi29.free.fr/x800gto2/bios/16pipes/X800GTO2MoD.iso (fixed as of may 06, may also work with GTO and GT ranges, try at your own risk)

step 1 boot from CD\DVD by changing the bios boot order to boot the optical drive of your choice.

step 2Select the menu option of your choice
it will confirm a succesful flash once done.

step 3 Enjoy! :D

Recovering from a bad flash....

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

:D :D

EDIT**** Many of you are getting confused with regards to the difference between a zip/rar file and an ISO file. if you have Winrar installed it will show any ISO up as an archive, it isnt, winrar has nothing to do with it. just take the file and do exactly as it says above, just follow the instructions, and youl be fine :)

p.s. let me know how you get on :)

i have ATI EXPRESS GRAPHICS on my motherboard aswell do i still have to install another PCI card to recover from a bad flash. in order to try and re-flash?

Associate
Locust, u r a legend....i have successfully unlocked 16 pipes and now have found new hardware.....Radeon X850 Series.....cheers mate...u have been a great help....

MilkyBar

Permabanned
OP
Milkybar said:
Locust, u r a legend....i have successfully unlocked 16 pipes and now have found new hardware.....Radeon X850 Series.....cheers mate...u have been a great help....

MilkyBar

lol, well im glad to hear it :D and to answer your earlier question... no, you wouldnt of needed a pci card if you have onboard graphics available ;)

enjoy.

Associate
Sorry just one thing.......whe i booted from the CD.....i didnt enter the command........ -F -P 0 X80016P.bin when i got the A: command line...should i have...?

Back
Top Bottom