Are Deltas really *that* loud?

Soldato
See, what you want to do is put your PC in the spare room with the bed, place 4 of these fans in your PC, invite someone you don't like to stay, and then leave the PC on overnight because it's 'a production server' on the Internet and needs to stay on.

Permabanned
Go downlaod the following

Origon - Bone crsusher cronical

Canbible corps - gallery of sucied

Dimnu borger - black dimensions

Have you volume all the way to max then back of my 1/4 or speakers will die

I could still hear my Delta's over that and they are uber heavy band, over 21 in the usa to buy any of it!!

I use to block my mum out withthe them fans and the dyson vacumecleaner but they block out my black metal!

Associate
the 120mm crossflow rules. I was playing with it today since I pulled it out to have a look at it after reading this thread.

found a good use for it: paperwork blower. kind of like a leafblower for the garden, except stronger, louder, and indoors.

cleaned up my workdesk a treat. no idea where anything is anymore, but it was sure was fun :D

You know what else is fun? GFB-series deltas, the 50-ish-mm thick ones with dual props. They whine like a stuka in a dive, only twice as loud. Perfect for scaring the neighbour's cat/dog/whale/blah, or any jehova's witenesses/door to door salesmen/mother in law's/etc.

Also High-Speed 140mm Yate Loons (140CFM from a 25mm thick fan)

Wise Guy
Soldato
Deltas are great if you have some buzzy annoying insect in your computer room that you just can't catch, fire the delta up, securely fix it down somehow and walk away, the annoying buzzy insect WILL end up going through the delta, once it gets within a few feet of the thing, there is no going back for it :eek:

Associate
Bundles said:
Deltas are great if you have some buzzy annoying insect in your computer room that you just can't catch, fire the delta up, securely fix it down somehow and walk away, the annoying buzzy insect WILL end up going through the delta, once it gets within a few feet of the thing, there is no going back for it :eek:

LMAO cruel... but oh the fun :D

Associate
It might not chop it right off, but it could very well cut it up nicely, and its certainly able to break it.

That sound it makes, like the wrath of god is about to come down on you? Thats its way of telling ya "Dont mess".

Soldato
Vegeta said:
Will it really chop your finger off if you touch it? whats it made out of metal? lol.
My 120mm Panaflo's have cut me about three times before because i didn't have fan guards on them. Looking at that video, i expect that the delta's will do a lot more damage than my panaflo's :eek:

squiffy said:
Dare you to put your willy into the revolving blades of a 12cm Delta Crossflow at 100% :p
That made me LOL :D

Soldato
Put it this way.

i got told to turn off my fans at a LAN party as it was so loud. i have 3, 120mm Deltas, i also destrotyed an XL tshirt with one.

Soldato
Raikiri said:
StevenG, please place a pencil into the running fan and see what the result is to answer Vegetas question :D

(If it is your fan of course)

not my fan, i wasnt allowed to link to a competator (or tell you how to get there) so i hosted the video to show you all.

EDIT: tired to get one off the bay lastnight but was outbid thanks to my stupid pc playing up. :mad: i want to try one but theres no way im paying £18 + postage for one

Last edited:
Soldato
Imagine the CoolerMaster stacker (which can take nine 120mm fans), loads with Deltas...I have a feeling the immense amount of air pressure would rip the case apart!

Soldato
What's the airflow like of the delta's at 7/5v? Also how much quieter are they? If they're so powerful then they should push a good amount of air at lower volts whilst being quieter.

If they are quiet and still push a fair bit then i may be interested in some :cool:

Back
Top Bottom