Phase unit and Badaxe mobo - any way round this?

Associate
OP
Kesnel, did you put dielectric grease on the socket itself before putting the CPU in? i could see why this would be done on 939 boards but these 775 ones dont have pins or anything so would that cause probs?

p.s you cant imagine how much that threw me off when i first saw the socket. :)

Associate
I've been testing so far without dielectric to see if I can run without it and so far it seems to be ok. I've put just a touch in a few little gaps between the neoprene and the board, but I've avoided putting it in the socket as it's a real pain to get out. If you can get a tight enough seal then it's not needed.

Permabanned
sweet, mines gone off for the same treatment, chilly1,desuperheater coil, condensor, 402 etc.

see if i can push this 3700 anymore then let it loose on a conroe es

Tom

Associate
OP
i was worried about making the holes in the current mounting kit to fit a 775 mobo but a friend is letting me borrow a mounting bracket for his zalman res. can just use that as a guide afterwards and use a dremel to drill :)

Permabanned
The head on all evaps need to stick out more too for the LGA 775!!!

Just use some foam behine the evap in the closer, about 3mm is all you need to make better contact!

Thiner dounet ring is also needed!

The Vapo LS head is easy to mod to fit all Evaps and is LGA 775 friendly and works mint!

Wise Guy
Soldato
Drazic said:
The head on all evaps need to stick out more too for the LGA 775!!!

Just use some foam behine the evap in the closer, about 3mm is all you need to make better contact!

Thiner dounet ring is also needed!

The Vapo LS head is easy to mod to fit all Evaps and is LGA 775 friendly and works mint!

WTF?!?! :confused:

Are you typing with your nose or something dude? :eek:

Associate
OP
fingers crossed i can do it this week. just need to work up the courage to start the whole process off.

as of now i have:

seal string
PCB laquer
neoprene
dielectric grease
mounting kit now is sorted - 4 holes, which fit 775
varnish

just need to guts to start the process off now :o going off to italy on sunday so have to get it going by then or it'll wait till the 30th :eek:

fingers crossed :eek:

Back
Top Bottom