IC7-G northbridge cooler

Associate
Hi all.

I have an Abit IC7-G mobo and my northbridge fan has died. I was wondering. Would this Chipset cooler be capatible with my mobo.

Vantec Iceberq CCB-A1C VGA & Chipset cooling kit (SY-000-VT)
All-In-One VGA & Chipset Cooling Kit.

- Push Pin for Quick & Easy Installation.
- Copper Heat Sink Design for Faster Heat Dissipation
- 5000rpm
- 3.5cfm

my northbridge fan seems to fit on by 2 clips. Im wondering would this fan be the right one to get. any suggestions? ??? ?

c

Soldato
i remember reading a while back that abit send replacements out if you contact them because its a known fault.... i dont know if they are still doing this though...

Permabanned
Shut it!

Swiftech MCX159-CU Chipset Cooler is the thing i'm on about but it' in the usa i have a link for it! No competors

Could try the Thermalright HR-05 Fanless Chipset Cooler

Oh and the Microcool Northpole XE Whisper is ment to be amazing a sit can cool your cpu as well, ie can be used as acpu hsf as well as nb

Soldato
My IC7 Max3's fan failed at least a year ago, I just removed the fan. Been running 'passive' on the standard 'orb' cooler, and even overclocked to 250FSB its been no problem at all.

Abit had 2 different coolers on the IC7/IS7 boards, one smaller cooler, which was more reliant on its fan, and the later version which is a big blue one, lots of metal, and seems ok running passive.

Associate
I have an IC7 without any cooler or HS on at all (originol fell off).
The PC is at work and overclocked quite considerably for two years without a crash!

So my advice ....don't bother!

Soldato
Justintime said:
My suggestion? nothing..same as corasik, i took the fan off when it started going and have used the bare sink for about 1yr now without issue, this is with a 2.8 800FSB HT Northwood at 3.4Ghz 243x14 1:1 RAM and stock cpu voltage, dosen't go past 45C max on the system temp. XP-120 used to cool the cpu.

To repeat myself from another thread :D

Back
Top Bottom