What's your Favorite Motorsport cars of all time?

Soldato
So many to choose from, but a few favourites:

The Honda RA300, Honda's only ever GP winning maching prior to this weekend just gone. Fantastic maze of exhaust pipes, and ridiculous sound at full pelt:
01.jpg

The Peugeot 205 T16. Possibly my favourite Group B car. Maybe with the exception of the S1 Audi Quattro Sport, but that's been had already:
peugeot205T16-2.jpg

The Auto Union C Type from 1936. Awesome car - 520bhp, 6 litre V12, all the weight at the back, driver stuck out front, skinny crossply tyres with no grip. And the noise....oh, the noise :D
bb_4759.jpeg

Edit: Booo, 2 of my choices went whilst I was typing! :(

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Mad old tory said:
Ford GT40, they couldn't buy Ferrari so built they're own racer and won Le Mans by themselves.

Not quite "by themselves", considering Lola did most of the chassis work and Weslake consulted on the engines....:)

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
"Dan Gurney For President!"*

The Eagle T1G - 3 litre V12 Weslake motor, beatiful bodywork, and Mr Gurney giving it some beans.

67mex11pe4.jpg

67bel36bp2.jpg

67ita08ku7.jpg

* - and I guess nobody will get that reference on here....

Soldato
JRS said:
"Dan Gurney For President!"*

* - and I guess nobody will get that reference on here....

I'm sure I've seen a poster with "Dan Gurney for President!" written on it, back in my GPL days... Wasn't it his fan club or something?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
timbob said:
I'm sure I've seen a poster with "Dan Gurney for President!" written on it, back in my GPL days... Wasn't it his fan club or something?

There was a public campaign to get him nominated as a candidate for president, I think Road and Track magazine featured it pretty heavily at the time. Figured that the only way anyone on here would have heard of it was if they had been a part of the GPL community!

Soldato
As saitrix has already posted the Lotus 49 is a thing of beauty.

I also truely love the Tyrrell P34 6 wheel F1 car.

_MG_8536.jpg

This sort of thing has been made impossible in F1 now with the super tight regulations and it would have been great to see (be alive) when this sort of car was being rolled out onto the track, just to see the oppositions faces. :)

I realise this wasnt by any means the first 6 wheel F1 car, but it was the first successful one, and the only reason I went to the Silverstone Classics last year, having posted that pictures ive returned to my archives from the event and so many great cars were on track, including, Original Ford GT40s, GT350s, Race winning Gille Villeneuve Ferraris, JPS liveried F1 cars even some mint condition Ford Anglia 105Es

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom