• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core Duo 2 in lappys any time soon ?

Associate
As title really. Does anyone know when is this fantastic new breed of Intel Core Duo 2 going to migrate to laptops ?

It's the one thing holding me off buying a PC based on the E6*** series.

Ta,
Storm

Man of Honour
Laptops featuring the 'Yonah' core have been around for a good (relatively speaking) while now, actually... as to whether or not their desktop brethren will be making an appearance, I'd hazard a guess that they'll be appearing any day now, really: manufacturers like Dell won't waste any time cashing in on the market.

Soldato
Anyday, Core 2 Duo (Merom core) is the mobile version. Lappys with this chip should be in retail very soon. Faster, and uses less power than the previous Core Duo laptops.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies. I'll hang on a little then.

Want to get another PC for home to help with 3ds max rendering in a render farm. Atleast with doing it with a lappy I can use it other places as well.

Permabanned
Yonah is out there now!

Dual core, 2mB catch, 2.16Ghz max clock for a lappy

Memrom is out kinda...it's in ES form still

It's a mini Conroe! Skt 479, 7w more than Yonah inb heat gen, 4Mb catch,

Soldato
Drazic said:
Yonah is out there now!

Dual core, 2mB catch, 2.16Ghz max clock for a lappy

Memrom is out kinda...it's in ES form still

It's a mini Conroe! Skt 479, 7w more than Yonah inb heat gen, 4Mb catch,
Well then it's not out. Yonah is Core Duo and there is a big difference between Yonah and Merom.

To the OP, it's not long now.

Associate
smids said:
Well then it's not out. Yonah is Core Duo and there is a big difference between Yonah and Merom.

To the OP, it's not long now.

Yeah thats right Yonah is not the mobile version of Conroe.
Yonah = Core Duo
Merom = Core 2 Duo

Launch is this month and you can expect people to be shipping in small volume in September

Soldato
Drazic said:
Dell have thered done as do Acer! Fact Acer have them in stock ready to go out in sep when the chip goes on sale!

A mate works for Acer!

Yonah is 2mb

Memrom is 4MB
Point is, it's not out yet for people to actually buy, is it? Hence the 'not long now' that everyone is saying.

I have a friend who works for IBM; sorry, what was the point you were trying to make?

In fact, 'Intel Guy' says it's not fully out yet - are you disputing this too?

Acer have them in stock for September shipping - what does that mean? It means it's not available yet.

Permabanned
Merom has been made and is in the UK! It's in at every Intel dep world wide. Belive the Uk stock is sititng at Swindon!

There are some being sold on XS right now which are not ES ones but oEM chips only but withthe full retail givings!

Back
Top Bottom