Nokia N73

Associate
Surprised to hear about NO memory with your 73 - Mine came with a 128mb mini SD card complete with adaptor to fit full size SD slots.

Maybe different markets? as got mine in Singapore, but would have thought it would have been the same all over.

Associate
While it might sound mean by nokia to not include any memory card, i think its actually quite clever in a way.

Unless they decided to include a 1gb card as standard, the first thing that 90% of people always do is order a similarly sized card from ebay, and shove the dinky one back in the box unused.

Thats exactly what i, and almost everyone else at work has done. Personally, ive got four almost useless cards (from 32mb to 128mb) sat in my drawer.

Associate
dbappa said:
Yeah noticed that too, N80 is 3MP and N73 is 3.2 + a few more bells and whistles

Yeah managed to get PUK code, still wondering what the default pin was...

I mean the bloke in the review you posted states the screen resolution on the N73 is the same as the N80, it isn't. The N80 is quite a lot higher.

Caporegime
dbappa said:
[*]Not sure if its new to N73 or been around a while, but pressing the joy stick (which is class btw) either left,right, up or down opens certain tasks instantly. Handy feature (gallery,web,new message and calendar)
[*]More to come...
[/list]

My w810i and K800i has that feature via their joystick/d-pad so its been around for awhile and is definitely a nice feature i find.

Also like the n73 the k800i doesnt come with any mem card, which kinda sucks as there isnt much stock around....:(

Soldato
Youstolemyname said:
rather than starting a new thread I thought I would ask in here

Anyone figured out a way to auto lock the keypad (not the phone lock that requires a key code) after a timed interval?

its a pain remembering to activate the lock every time.

Thanks in advance

Not sure if it's the same on the N73 but there should be an option in the security settings for an autolock period

*edit* .. don't think that's what you're after but I dont think there is anyway to lock the keypad after a certain time limit

Soldato
Smit said:
Not sure if it's the same on the N73 but there should be an option in the security settings for an autolock period

*edit* .. don't think that's what you're after but I dont think there is anyway to lock the keypad after a certain time limit

Yeah I found that one but it only allows you to activate a lock that requires a code. I had a feature on my old SE phone that allowed me to set it so the phone locked after 1 min and just needed me to press 'unlock' to unlock it. Was really handy and avoided the instances where you forget to lock the phone and end up calling people when the buttons press in your pockets by accident.

Ho hum....

Associate
Anyone else have an issue with dust under the screen of the N73.
Mine has one blob right in the middle, I thought it was a dead pixel at first but this stood out no matter if the screen was on or off a ruined the whole phone for me, which is a shame as otherwise is perfect, I sent it back.

Associate
What's the battery life like on the N73 under normal usage. I read a review that mentioned daily charging during the review, is it that bad ?

I know what Nokia claims regarding talktime etc.. but it's always best to get some real world feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom