Thermalright SI-128 Gibbo?

Permabanned
You getting these and if so how much? Conroe is screaming for these!!!

Thermalright SI-128 for AMD® Athlon™64, FX / X2 and Opteron™ or Intel Socket 775

news_si128.jpg

Features

120mm fan recommended for maximum cooling capability.
Huge 8mm multiple heatpipes for even more efficient heat transfer to the aluminum fins.
Multiple tightly gapped fins for more surface area with longer and wider wingspan than SI-120.
Vast compatibility across multiple platforms for newest AMD and Intel CPUs.
Enormous wingspan gives extra cooling to MOSFET or NB chipset.
Includes both adapters for LGA775 and K8 sockets.
Technical Specifications

Dimensions

L125 x W145 x H91.5 mm (heatsink only)

Weight

510g (heatsink only)

Compatibility

INTEL: All Intel P4 LGA775 processors

AMD: Athlon64 / FX / X2 / Opteron all models**

Associate
They can say all they want, but I know my aerodynamics and radiator design, and I know a high-CFM design when I see it.

That sink there is the most specific high-pressure airsink ive seen the last few years - a poster child for 100CFM+ stuff :D

Associate
Hey, I like it, I think itll work great paired up with a 105CFM SanAce.

A little lapping on the base as ThermalRight dont have the greatest of finishes, mebbe, and a small (1") card shroud to get rid of the fan motor deadspot and stop air from going out the sides :D

Wise Guy
Soldato
Drazic said:
Erm...what over a good ranging 90% of the mebers here have a lot of hot air with me!!!

Can't imagine why. ;)

That heatsink looks sweet, and heres me just bought a big typhoon (albeit just until i get an adapter for my waterblock)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Umm due to me not having Conroe in my hands as Boardy was using my rig to bench with!!

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Yes my feet are a size 14!, my room is a mess but only cos of the misis being here and yep finaly got my rig off Boardy!

No i'm having the wonders of cleaning up form the LN2 and modding it all heheh

Permabanned
OP
LOL Conroe E6700 ES QLLO

If i was to show the code on the IHS i'd get shot and so sould someone eles!!! Intel has come down hard on ES being sold this time around!!

Some mobos are having Bios input form Intel to stop ES chips working!

I'll post my clocking and benchmarks when i'm done...cleaning and modding both bord and cpu 1st

Oh i could take a poic of the back which shows the smd's which are Conroe aplc nothing eles has the layout!!!

Wise Guy
Soldato
Drazic said:
LOL Conroe E6700 ES QLLO

If i was to show the code on the IHS i'd get shot and so sould someone eles!!! Intel has come down hard on ES being sold this time around!!

Everyone else manages. most other people just blur a certain part of the codes.

Permabanned
OP
Well seeing as i don't whom i got the chip off to lose there job and i don't want to lsoe my chip again (i did as Boardy had it) or get a fine i think it being lapped is best bet

Also the IHS on them is crap

It's coming off when we work out how!

Associate
You dont have to work out anyhing, the "how" is well known.

First you have to saw the IHS off the package (its epoxied) without destroying the package.

The die is *soldered* onto the IHS, so you then have to heat up the whole thing to about 105-110c. The package survives to 130c, so if youre careful you should be fine.

Only 1 person has ever completed this succesfully that I know of, and thats FUGGER, owner of XtremeSystems.

Of course, once you manage to pull the IHS off, then you have to figure out how to clamp the CPU to the Motherboard, as the clamping mechanism relies on the IHS' presence.

And then, once youve done all that you find out youve gained 1, possibly 2c because unlike AMDs ThermalCrap (thats what the manufacturer of AMD's TIM call it), Intel's soldering process has excellent thermal properties, and it doesent lose performance with age.

Back
Top Bottom