a challenge for you all!

Associate
:D right a quick challenge for ya ;)

i want you if you can to spec me the lowest power consuming computer available, i need to run it on an inverter from me van.
i was thinking socket 939 opteron is the lowest voltage cpu i have come across but then i have always been an amd fanboy ;) until i get my conroe anyhow! :D
onboard gfx, sound etc would use less power right? asrock board maybe??
sata or ide hard drive?

these inverters are a bit dodgy with the current so i was thinkin that an awesome psu is a must, as always ;)

spec me up please!

Man of Honour
Soldato
Hamish said:
or a mac mini if you don't want a monitor / keyboard/ mouse
Pardon? A Mac Mini needs external keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Perhaps you're thinking of an iMac which are all-in-one.

Either way a Mac Mini isn't a bad idea as it's more like a traditional PC with satellite components. It's very low power as it's essentially built from laptop parts.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Pardon? A Mac Mini needs external keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Perhaps you're thinking of an iMac which are all-in-one.

Either way a Mac Mini isn't a bad idea as it's more like a traditional PC with satellite components. It's very low power as it's essentially built from laptop parts.

Yes but as he is asking for a normal PC perhaps he already has monitor etc. A mac mini is just a low power PC rather than a laptop. :)

Associate
OP
laptops are a no go, i just want to know what parts will consume the least power of all.
i dont wanna use my laptop for this. needs to be a proper pc.

Soldato
If your building a PC for a car, then surely a Case + PSU desgined for it would be the way to go. :confused:

Mini ITX car system, in a case and PSU designed for it, mini UPS type thing built in.

Can get up to 1.3ghz Eden CPUs now I think.

Back
Top Bottom