Terror Plot Foiled

Permabanned
Over Clocker said:
I beleive that in the public safety this is all justified.

And to those shouting conspiracy, get a grip.

You'd be the first shouting at the government if they didn't stop them and a plane was blown up.

I wouldnt in the slightest.

Keep the sheeple scared and you can pass pretty much any legislation you want.

Whatever happend to the chemical bomb in Forest Gate?

Soldato
KEY points from BAA

Hand luggage
:: All cabin baggage will be processed as hold baggage and carried in the hold of passenger aircraft departing UK airports.

Electrical Items
:: This includes battery powered items such as laptops, mobile phones and iPods.

Empty Pockets
:: Passengers may take only the following items through a airport security search point. They must be in a single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag. Nothing may be carried in pockets.

Wallets
:: Pocket-size wallets and pocket-size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards, etc (not handbags)).

Passports
:: Travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets).

Medicines
:: Prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (eg, diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.

Glasses
:: Spectacles and sunglasses, without cases; contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.

Baby items
:: For those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags).

Security scanner Sanitary items
:: Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes), tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs keys (but no electrical key fobs).

Searches
:: All passengers will be hand searched and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.

Pushchairs/Wheelchairs
:: Pushchairs and walking aids will be x-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs will be allowed through the screening point.

Liquids
:: In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying will be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered will be removed from the passenger.

Luggage For Hold
:: Airports operator BAA said there are no changes to current hold baggage security measures but significant delays at airports were inevitable.

Allow More Time
:: Passengers are being asked to allow themselves plenty of extra time and to ensure that other than the few permitted items listed above, all their belongings are placed in their hold baggage and checked in.

Heathrow Alert
:: Passengers due to travel from Heathrow on Thursday are being told not to turn up unless their journey is essential.

A BAA statement said: "We wish to stress that these are precautionary measures. During the next few days airports will be extremely busy, therefore only those intending to fly should come to the airport.

"Passengers are asked to use public transport to get to and from the airport wherever possible.

"Passengers are also asked to be patient while these additional security measures are put in place. Delays are likely and passengers are therefore asked to allow extra time for their journey."

Permabanned
dirtydog said:
Hopefully the "intelligence" they used on this occasion is better than on all the other occasions where they got it miserably wrong.

Hopefully it is as good as all the times where they have got it spot on that you are unaware of because it did not go wrong.

Permabanned
PsiFox said:
Would appear that the explosives were "liquid".

US Homeland Security has just banned passengers from carrying any form of liquid on all flights from U.S. airports.

Liquids do not have to explode to crash a plane. They can be flammable or become gaseous effectively poisoning the pilot. Or imagine petrol poured under the cockpit door.

Permabanned
The part that concerns me is police are anticipating a sub-plot, an attack that is set to take place after those, or instead of, if they were foiled, that the police are not sure about.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
Hopefully it is as good as all the times where they have got it spot on that you are unaware of because it did not go wrong.

Yet it's only the very public ones which go wrong, but all the successes are kept a secret - funny that ;)

Soldato
AJUK said:
Don't belive it for a moment, it is all part of the government's plan to control every aspect of our lives. We have all just witnessed them crank it up another notch and, sadly, I doubt they will ever crank it down again.

stupid comment... would you rather have 1000 people blown out of the sky over the Atlantic?? WHAT WOULD YO SAY THEN??? Get a freaking grip... there is no conspiracy... what there is, is ****ing lunatics who have no right to live and should be met with all force necessary to stop them from even thinking about a terrorist plan...

Overlag said:
na, Israel are allowed to do what they want because they are on "our side"......

.....a sorry state of affairs... :(

Needless to say that Israel have my full moral support in their war against Hezbollah. Yes cizillians are killed... but how many Israeli's have died at the hands of these ****ers suicide bombs? The time is now to put an end to ALL of this terror for good. And here's a tip for civillians... don't stand next to a ****ing Hezbollah rocket launcher when you hear Israeli planes coming...

Israel are FULLY justified in what they are doing regardless of civillian casualties. And for that matter, so is the war in Iraq. And Iran when that comes to pass.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
VIRII said:

Thank you for saying that :)

Every time i say something like that and how they have probably stopped a whole heap more then what we no about behind the scenes it just gets ignored :(

DirtyDog said:
I also remember the non-existent WMDs in Iraq. If the security services and the government can LIE about something like that, and LIE to the public and parliament about going to war then believe me, there is nothing that they cannot and will not lie about

Better safe then sorry. I would rather be told or lied to about something then going out and getting myself blown up.
Terrorists have already stuck numerous times and you choose to think they are lying about this?

Some people

Permabanned
Visage said:
I wouldnt in the slightest.

Keep the sheeple scared and you can pass pretty much any legislation you want.

Whatever happend to the chemical bomb in Forest Gate?

Do you expect the security services to be 100% accurate everytime and to never get it wrong?
Going by your uninformed and stupid comments at the outset of the 7th july bombings you'd do well to say nothing.

Permabanned
Zip said:
Better safe then sorry. I would rather be told or lied to about something then going out and getting myself blown up.
Terrorists have already stuck numerous times and you choose to think they are lying about this?

Some people

I choose to think they MIGHT be lying, or simply wrong. They might also be correct on this occasion. But based on their past lies and incompetence, I would say a degree of scepticism is necessary, wouldn't you?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Docaroo said:
stupid comment... would you rather have 1000 people blown out of the sky over the Atlantic?? WHAT WOULD YO SAY THEN??? Get a freaking grip... there is no conspiracy... what there is, is ****ing lunatics who have no right to live and should be met with all force necessary to stop them from even thinking about a terrorist plan...

Needless to say that Israel have my full moral support in their war against Hezbollah. Yes cizillians are killed... but how many Israeli's have died at the hands of these ****ers suicide bombs? The time is now to put an end to ALL of this terror for good. And here's a tip for civillians... don't stand next to a ****ing Hezbollah rocket launcher when you hear Israeli planes coming...

Israel are FULLY justified in what they are doing regardless of civillian casualties. And for that matter, so is the war in Iraq. And Iran when that comes to pass.

Good post :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I choose to think they MIGHT be lying, or simply wrong. They might also be correct on this occasion. But based on their past lies and incompetence, I would say a degree of scepticism is necessary, wouldn't you?

No, being sceptical in a time like this and a threat like this could end up with you being blown to bits

Soldato
iCraig said:
The part that concerns me is police are anticipating a sub-plot, an attack that is set to take place after those, or instead of, if they were foiled, that the police are not sure about.

me too. Wouldn't surprise me for a 'bigger' plot to be foiled and take the attention away from something else that's going on.

Permabanned
Zip said:
No, being sceptical in a time like this and a threat like this could end up with you being blown to bits

You are an ideal citizen from the government's point of view :) Naive, gullible and you even admit you don't mind if they lie to you... sheeple indeed.

Back
Top Bottom